The Remote Assistance function is enabled by default on Windows computer systems and this enables anybody to achieve Remote Access to your pc. You can discover beneath the steps to Disable Remote Assistance in Windows 10 & Windows 11.
Disable Remote Assistance in Windows 10 & 11
As talked about above, the Remote Assistance function in Windows 10 & 11 permits you or anybody else which you can belief to achieve entry to your pc from a distant location.
The foremost function of this function is to permit somebody in your loved ones or a trusted technical help individual to diagnose and repair issues in your pc, even when they’re situated far-off out of your system.
When Remote Assistance just isn’t being actively used, it’s your decision to disable this function, in order to forestall the potential for anybody attempting to achieve unauthorized entry to your pc.
1. Disable Remote Assistance Using Run Command
An straightforward means to Disable Remote Assistance in each Windows 11 and Windows 10 computer systems is through the use of the Run Command.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on on Run. In Run command window, sort SystemPropertiesSuperior and click on on OK.
2. On System Properties display screen, swap to Remote tab and Uncheck Allow Remote Assistance Connections to this pc.
3. Click on Apply/OK to save this modification in your pc.
At any time, you possibly can allow Remote Assistance in your pc by checking the choice to Allow Remote Assistance.
2. Disable Remote Assistance Using Control Panel
If you like utilizing Control Panel, you may also Disable Remote Assistance in your pc by going to System & Security part of the Command Prompt.
1. Open Control Panel in your pc.
2. On Control Panel display screen, click on on System and Security.
3. On the System and Security display screen, click on on Allow Remote Access choice situated beneath “System” part.
4. On the following display screen, uncheck Allow Remote Assistance connections to this pc choice.
5. Click on Apply and OK to save this setting in your pc.
3. Disable Remote Assistance Using Registry Editor
Another means to Disable Remote Assistance in each Windows 10 & Windows 11 is through the use of Registry Editor.
1. Type Regedit in Run Command Window and click on on OK.
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlRemote Assistance.
3. In the right-pane, double click on on fAllowToGetHelp DWORD and change its Value Data to 0.
4. Restart your pc for the modifications to Apply.
Now your pc will now not permit anybody to join to it remotely.
In case you need assistance, you possibly can at all times allow Remote Assistance in your pc by reversing the above change.