If you might be utilizing Windows 11, you could know that the Search menu reveals all of your latest searches. Also, while you hover your mouse cursor over the search icon within the Taskbar, it reveals your earlier search queries.
The characteristic is useful because it allows you to carry out the earlier search with out opening the Search menu and typing the identical question once more. While it’s a fantastic characteristic, it’s not meant for everybody.
If different relations use your PC/Laptop, you could not need them to see what apps or information you may have searched earlier than. This might be a privateness concern for a lot of customers, and if you’re one among them, you’ll be able to simply disable it on your Windows 11 pc.
2 Ways to Disable Recent Searches on Windows 11
This article will share a step-by-step information on disabling latest searches on the Windows 11 Search menu. This may even disable latest search icon historical past in Windows 11 Taskbar. So, let’s get began.
We will use the Windows 11 Settings app to disable the latest searches on this technique. Here’s what you want to do.
1. First of all, click on on the Windows 11 Start button and choose Settings.
2. On the Settings web page, click on on the Privacy & Security possibility.
3. On the Right pane, scroll down and click on on the Search permissions.
4. On the Search Permissions display screen, scroll down to the History part. Next, flip off the toggle for Search historical past on this machine.
5. This will disable the Search History. If you would like to clear your current machine search historical past, click on the Clear machine search historical past button.
That’s it! You are completed. This is how one can disable Search historical past on your Windows 11 machine.
2) How to Disable Recent Search Icon History
If you need to disable the latest search icon historical past within the Windows 11 Taskbar, you have to comply with this information. Here’s how to disable latest search historical past within the Search icon on Windows 11 Taskbar.
1. First of all, click on on the Windows 11 Start menu and choose Settings.
2. On the Settings app, click on on the Personalization tab on the left pane.
3. Scroll down and click on on the Taskbar behaviors on the fitting.
4. On the expanded menu, uncheck the choice ‘Show recent searches when I hover over the search icon.’
That’s it! You are completed. This will disguise the latest searches on the search icon within the Windows 11 Taskbar.
So, that is how one can disable latest search historical past in Windows 11 PC/Laptop. This is how one can stop Windows 11’s search menu and the search icon from displaying your earlier search queries. If the search historical past nonetheless seems on the Search menu and the search icon, you want to restart your pc.