Notifications get in the way in which while you’re attempting to do issues on your Chromebook. If you need to restrict or cease them utterly, this information will present you ways.
No matter what gadget you utilize, notifications may be overwhelming. Chromebooks are not any completely different—notifications can pop up from any web sites, apps, or system instruments you’re utilizing.
If you’re getting aggravated by this, you may disable notifications on a Chromebook. You can disable particular person app and web site notifications or utterly flip off notifications with Do Not Disturb mode.
When there are few to no notifications on Chromebook, you may work distraction-free and get issues finished. Here’s how to disable notifications on a Chromebook, both individually or totally.
Table of Contents
How to Disable Notifications on Chromebook
You might want particular notifications on your Chromebook disabled, so first, we’ll have a look at how to mute particular person app and web site notifications.
Use the next steps to disable particular person notifications on Chromebook:
- Open the Settings panel from the lower-right nook and click on the down arrow subsequent to the Notification button.
- The Allow notifications from the next possibility will open with put in gadgets. However, ignore the stuff you don’t need to see notifications.
How to Disable Chromebook Notifications with Do Not Disturb Mode
If you don’t need to get notifications in any respect, the nice factor is you may allow Do Not Disturb mode on your Chromebook.
To allow Do Not Disturb mode, use the next steps:
- Click the standing space within the lower-right nook of the taskbar.
- Next, toggle on the Notifications button.
- When you allow Do Not Disturb mode, you’ll see a brand new icon that’s a touch with a circle indicating the characteristic is on.
- Launch the Settings panel and toggle the Notifications button again on in order for you to flip off Do Not Disturb mode.
How to Disable Website Notifications on Chromebook
Another notification you may want to disable is web site notifications. If you block the notification, it received’t present up once more, however you may’t catch all of them.
Muting web site notifications work on a Chromebook and within the Chrome browser.
To disable web site notifications on a Chromebook:
- Click the three-dot menu within the upper-right nook and choose Settings.
- Check Privacy and safety and click on Site Settings.
- Under Privacy and safety, click on the Notification button.
- Now, choose the Don’t permits websites to ship notifications choices.
Configuring Chromebook Settings
Using the steps above, you may rapidly disable notifications on a Chromebook. This will assist to restrict distractions in the event you’re seeing too many notifications whilst you’re working.
You can do different cool issues on Chromebook, like use Microsoft Office. In addition, you may run Microsoft Teams from Chromebook. If you’re a sophisticated consumer, find out how to run Linux apps on Chromebook. And in the event you’re simply getting began, listed below are six important Chromebook ideas.
Speaking of notifications, find out how to block notifications on Windows 11. If you’re not on Windows 11 but, you may handle notifications on Windows 10. So, for instance, in the event you’re on a Mac, learn how to customise notifications on Mac.