Your Windows PC/Laptop additionally has a tool promoting ID like your Android system. When you first set up Windows 10/11, the distinctive promoting ID for every person profile in your laptop is robotically generated.
Also, With Advertising ID enabled, location-based apps can monitor and entry your location to give you focused adverts and providers. Also, advertisers preserve monitor of your likes, dislikes, and searching developments to present you related adverts on their apps.
Even Microsoft makes use of this Advertising ID to ship you adverts on the Action Center, Start Menu, and different Microsoft Apps. Although the function is useful for Microsoft & Advertisers, it may very well be a priority for each privacy-focused person.
So, when you take your privateness very significantly, you need to disable the function. Hence, in this text, we are going to share a step-by-step information to disable Advertising ID in Windows 11/10.
Also Read: How to View WiFi Password in Windows 11
2 Methods to Disable Device Advertising ID in Windows 11
Important: We have used Windows 11 to reveal the method. If you might be utilizing Windows 10, you want to implement the identical steps.
1) Disable Device Advertising ID through Settings
In this methodology, we are going to use Windows 11 settings to disable the Device Advertising ID in Windows 11. Here are among the easy steps you want to observe.
1. First of all, click on on the Start Menu and choose Settings.
2. On the Settings web page, click on on the Privacy & Security choice.
3. Now, underneath the Privacy & Security, scroll down and click on on the General choice underneath Windows permissions.
4. Under the General, you want to disable Let apps present me personalised adverts utilizing my promoting ID.
That’s it! You are executed. This is how one can disable Advertising ID on Windows 11.
2) Disable Advertising ID through Local Group Policy Editor
In this methodology, we are going to use the Local Group Policy Editor to disable the system promoting ID in Windows 11. Here are among the easy steps you want to observe.
1. First of all, press the Windows Key + R button in your keyboard. This will open the RUN dialog field.
2. On the RUN dialog field, kind in gpedit.msc and hit the Enter button.
3. This will open the Local Group Policy Editor.
4. Now, you want to navigate to the next path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > User Profile
5. On the appropriate pane, discover and double click on on the Turn off the promoting ID coverage.
6. Turn off the promoting ID Window, choose Enabled and click on on the Apply button.
After making the above adjustments, be sure to restart your Windows 10/11 PC or Laptop. This will disable the system promoting ID.
If you need to shield your privateness on Windows PC/Laptop, you need to disable the system commercial ID. I hope this text helped you! Please share it with your folks additionally. If you have got any doubts about this, tell us in the remark field beneath.