Games and apps can take up plenty of house on Playstation 4, so it’s important to understand how to take away extra information from these video games. If you’re operating out of house on your console due to sport information, it leaves little room for future console updates or for brand new PlayStation video games.
You can simply take away the information for video games or apps you not play or need on your console, and in the event you don’t need to take away the sport information solely, there’s additionally the choice to take away solely the saved information in your video games. In this text, you’ll find out how to accomplish that in a couple of alternative ways.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Game Data
It’s simple to uninstall PS4 video games or sport saves instantly out of your PS4’s settings. Follow these steps to delete both of those.
- From your PS4’s residence display, transfer up along with your d-pad or analog joystick to open the capabilities menu. Then, scroll to the tip and choose Settings.
- Scroll down the choices till you get to Storage and choose it. Then choose System Storage > Applications.
- Here yow will discover the video games you need to delete. Besides every one, you possibly can see how a lot house the sport is taking on, which will help you identify what’s consuming probably the most house.
- When you discover the sport you need to delete, spotlight it and press the Options button on your controller. Then, choose Delete.
If you don’t need to delete your whole sport’s information, you possibly can decide to delete simply the saved sport information. Also, in the event you delete a sport file, the saved information gained’t robotically be deleted, so it’s essential to accomplish that in order for you to delete a sport solely.
- Go again to the Settings menu and go to Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage.
- Scroll by the checklist to discover which sport you need to delete the saved information for. Then, choose it and select which save recordsdata you need to delete.
- Select Delete.
Now, PS4 will delete your sport and/or save information, and your space for storing ought to improve. If you need to verify the scale of your storage, you possibly can go to Storage from Settings.
How to Copy Game Save Data to USB
If you don’t need to delete any of your sport save information, however you continue to want that valuable space for storing on your PS4, you possibly can as an alternative again up the information onto a USB drive. It’s simple to do, and also you gained’t have to determine between space for storing or a sport.
- Get a USB drive and plug it into one of many USB ports on your system.
- On your PS4, go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Copy to USB Storage Device.
- Pick which sport’s information you need to copy. Then, choose the save information you need, or select Select All.
- Select Copy to switch your chosen information.
If you’re copying the saved information already within the USB drive, you could get a message studying Do you need to overwrite this saved information? You can choose Yes to accomplish that or No to cancel. Now your sport’s saved information might be protected on your USB drive.
One approach to obtain new video games in the event you don’t have the space for storing is to obtain them to an exterior exhausting drive. Here’s how.
- Format the HDD as prolonged PS4 storage. Go to Settings > Devices > USB Storage Devices.
- Select your exhausting drive and choose Format as Extended Storage.
- Now you’ll want to change the set up location for functions. Go to Settings > Storage, and press Options.
- Select Application Install Location > Extended Storage.
When you put in video games or functions sooner or later, they are going to be put in on your HDD as an alternative of system storage.
Save Storage Space on Your PS4
Whether you need to delete a PS4 sport, the saved information, or transfer the information elsewhere, you have got choices to liberate house on your console. This will enable you to simply set up new video games and functions or make essential system updates.