Having an iPhone with a number of pages of duplicate contacts is annoying. Here’s how to delete duplicate contacts on iPhone.
There could be the identical duplicate contacts whenever you pull up a contact out of your contacts checklist on your iPhone. There may be duplicate contacts listed beneath Work, Home, and others. When you join your iPhone to companies like Facebook, Gmail, Yahoo, and Outlook, you possibly can run into a difficulty with duplicate contacts.
Having too many duplicate contacts may be problematic—solely a small distinction within the contact particulars can cease you from making contact. Depending on the variety of duplicate contacts, you possibly can take away them manually or name upon an app to take away them.
Here’s a have a look at how to delete duplicate contacts on iPhone manually or with an app.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts Manually on iPhone
If there are only some duplicate contacts on your iPhone, you may want to delete them manually.
To manually take away duplicate contacts on iPhone:
- Open your Contacts checklist and seek for the duplicate contact.
- Open one of many duplicates (both one will do) and faucet the Edit button within the top-right nook.
- On the Edit display, scroll down and faucet Delete Contact on the backside.
- Tap Delete Contact when the verification message seems.
- The duplicate contact will probably be eliminated. If you’ve gotten multiple duplicate of the identical contact, delete each.
How to Remove Duplicate Contacts on iPhone with an App
Using the guide steps defined above works, nevertheless it’s an excessive amount of if in case you have a lot of duplicate contacts. Luckily, you should utilize an app to do away with duplicates and show you how to handle your iPhone contacts.
There are many apps within the App Store that may handle duplicate contacts. Some do a greater job than others. Some are free, whereas others aren’t. You can open the App Store on your telephone and seek for duplicate contacts.
We’re utilizing Cleaner Pro for this text, however you would possibly like one other app higher.
To use Cleaner Pro to merge duplicate contacts on iPhone:
- Launch the Cleaner Pro app.
- Accept the phrases of service.
- Allow Contacts Pro entry to your contacts—that is required for the app to work.
- You’ll see the variety of contacts that have been imported to the app—faucet Next.
- Contacts Pro will present you contacts which can be lacking names, numbers, emails, or group identifiers. You can undergo each and clear them up.
- Under the Duplicates part, faucet Duplicate Contacts.
- From the checklist within the Duplicates part, faucet the contact you need to merge. The merge possibility will mix the data from duplicate contacts into one and delete the duplicates.
- Tap the Merge button on the backside to merge contact information and delete duplicates on the next display.
- You’ll see a progress animation whereas the merge takes place. The time it takes will fluctuate relying on the variety of duplicates you’re merging and deleting.
- After the merging and deletion are full, you’ll solely discover one entry for the contact in your checklist.
Managing iPhone Contacts
The steps above might help you handle, merge, or delete duplicate contacts on an iPhone.
If you solely have just a few duplicates, deleting them manually is easy sufficient. However, if in case you have pages of duplicate contacts on your telephone, bringing in an app similar to Cleaner Pro is a greater possibility.
If you don’t like Contact Pro, no worries. You can strive one other one—simply search the shop for a reproduction contacts app. You’ll discover a number of completely different choices—most are free however require in-app purchases.
While the Contacts Pro app will merge your contacts and remove duplicates, you possibly can merge contacts on your iPhone manually. For extra on contacts, take a look at including contacts to your Favorites checklist.