If you need to keep a modicum of privateness, delete downloads historical past in Microsoft Edge earlier than handing off your PC to somebody.
When utilizing a pc in a shared house, both at residence, college, or work, it’s a superb privateness greatest follow to clear your browser historical past and cookies. But, do you know you too can delete the Downloads History in Microsoft Edge? Doing so will be achieved with just some clicks if you already know the place to look.
Here’s how to view and delete downloads historical past in Microsoft Edge. We’ll additionally stroll by the steps for deleting the downloaded recordsdata out of your PC.
Table of Contents
Find and Delete Downloads History in Edge
Like different browsers, Edge has a Downloads part you possibly can attain by doing the next:
- Launch the Microsoft Edge Browser in your PC or Mac.
- Click the Settings and extra button (three dots) on the browser’s top-right nook and click on Downloads from the menu.
- A Downloads icon seems on the right-side and lists latest downloads and recordsdata presently downloading.
- From the Downloads record, you have got the choice to open the folder containing the merchandise (you possibly can delete it from the folder). You can open the file immediately or click on the garbage can icon to delete the file historical past separately out of your Downloads historical past.
Note: Deleting file historical past doesn’t truly delete the file out of your downloads folder. It simply removes it from the historical past record.
Delete Download History in Edge
If you don’t need to delete recordsdata individually, you possibly can clear obtain historical past in one fell swoop. To clear your entire historical past, do the next:
- Launch Edge and click on the Settings and extra button (three dots) on the display screen’s upper-right nook and click on Downloads. Or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + J.
- Next, click on the More choices button (three dots) on the upper-right nook of the Downloads record.
- From the menu that seems, click on Clear all obtain historical past from the record of choices.
- When the Remove all obtain historical past warning message comes up, click on the Remove all button.
- After eradicating all historical past, for those who or another person opens the Downloads record, it will likely be empty.
Find and Delete Downloaded Files
Clearing the downloads historical past in Edge is a approach to defend native privateness, nevertheless it doesn’t delete the precise downloaded recordsdata. To delete the recordsdata, do the next:
- You’ll need to discover the Downloads location for those who don’t comprehend it already. Click the Settings and extra (three dots) button and click on Downloads. Alternately, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + J.
- Click the More choices button (three dots) and click on Downloads settings from the menu.
- That opens the Microsoft Edge Downloads Settings web page to discover the situation of your downloads folder. For instance, right here, now we have it set to a second drive on the pc. However, by default, it will likely be one thing like C:Users<laptop identify>Downloads. Click the Change button to use a special drive or location.
Open the Downloads folder, and there you can begin clearing out previous downloads that you just not want. Or transfer them to an exterior drive for long-term storage.
Deleting your downloads historical past in Edge is an effective approach to defend native privateness in your pc. It prevents somebody utilizing your pc from simply opening the Downloads record to see what you’ve downloaded.
If you’re new to the browser, do you know you possibly can clear cookies for particular person web sites? If you suppose you’ll miss out in your favourite extensions, no worries. You can set up Google Chrome extensions on Edge.