You don’t want Microsoft PowerPoint to open or edit a PowerPoint file as a result of you should use Google Slides as an alternative free of charge. Here’s how.
PowerPoint and Google Slides each give you the instruments you’ll want to create superb visible displays. Sometimes you’ll run into a state of affairs the place you want to convert a PowerPoint to Google Slides for simpler administration. Perhaps your colleague sends you a PowerPoint, and all you’ve got is Google Slides. You would possibly favor the extra easy interface of Google Slides for creating slideshows.
Whatever the rationale, there are a few alternative ways to convert a PowerPoint to Google Slides. Here’s what you’ll want to do.
Table of Contents
How to Convert a PowerPoint to Google Slides
One of the simplest methods to convert a full PowerPoint presentation to Google Slides is by importing it. By importing the PowerPoint (PPT or PPTX) file to Google Slides, the file will mechanically convert into a Google Slides-friendly format.
To convert a PowerPoint to Google Slides straight, observe these steps:
- Log into your Google Account, head to the Google Slides page, and click on Blank below the Start a new presentation part.
- From the brand new presentation web page, click on File > Open.
- In the Open a file window, click on the Upload button on the prime.
- Click the Select a file out of your system button and browse to the PowerPoint you need to convert. Alternatively, drag and drop it into the Drag a file right here field.
- Your PowerPoint will open in Google Slides. You’ll discover its title within the upper-left nook, and you may navigate the slides and edit the presentation with Google Slides instruments.
It’s additionally price noting that the presentation is mechanically saved to your Google Drive. You don’t want to reserve it as a Google Slides file manually. When you go to the principle web page of Google Slides, you’ll discover it listed there.
How to Convert PowerPoint to Google Slide Using Google Drive
Another approach to convert a PowerPoint to a Google Slides presentation is by importing the PowerPoint file (PPT or PPTX) to Google Drive. When you choose the file on the Google Drive web site, the file will open in Google Slides.
To do that, observe these steps:
- Open Google Drive in your browser and check in.
- Click New > File add.
- Browse to the placement of the PowerPoint file in your laptop, choose the file, then add it.
- When the file finishes importing to Google Drive, right-click it and choose Open with > Google Slides.
- The PowerPoint file will open in Google Slides. However, it’ll stay a PPT or PPTX file which you’ll see subsequent to its identify within the upper-left nook.
- To convert it, click on File > Save as Google Slides.
- That will open a new tab along with your presentation in Google Slides. You’ll have the choice to current it or make edits, and adjustments will save mechanically as a Google Slides file.
- If you return to your Google Drive, you’ll discover each the PPTX and Google Slides recordsdata.
- If you need to delete the PPTX file, right-click it and choose Remove from the menu.
How to Import PowerPoint to Google Slides
You may also import a full PowerPoint file or choose particular person slides to import into a Google Slides presentation.
To import a PowerPoint file or particular person slides to Google Slides, do the next:
- Open the Google Slides website and click on Blank below the Start a new presentation part.
- When the untitled Google Slides presentation launches, click on File > Import slides.
- Click the Upload tab, then drag your PowerPoint file onto the window or click on the Select a file out of your system button.
- A brand new Import slides window will come up. Select solely the slides you need to import to Google Slides.
- If you’re going to import all of them, click on the All hyperlink within the upper-right nook.
- After you’ve made your alternatives, click on the Import slides button.
Google Slides will open in a new tab with the slides you selected to import. The presentation will likely be named Untitled presentation, however you possibly can click on on the identify to change it. Importing slides is a good possibility if you need to lower down on the size of a presentation or take away outdated materials.
Creating Impressive Presentations in Google Slides or PowerPoint
When it comes to presentation software program, do you know you possibly can add audio to Google Slides? Remember, you too can create a Google Slides template to share your design over a number of displays.
If you’re a Microsoft Office person, you possibly can add audio to PowerPoint. If you need to make your presentation much more interesting, add a video to PowerPoint as an alternative.