If you’re a severe Kodi person, you’ve positively spent numerous time tweaking your setup. In many instances, particularly when upgrading a Kodi gadget, you should clone Kodi configuration, add-ons, and settings to the brand new location. Setting up Kodi to your liking would possibly take hours, if not days. Learning how to clone Kodi units is likely to be fairly helpful if in case you have many Kodi units at residence. As our information beneath demonstrates, it’s not all that troublesome. Read this text to double your pleasure with Kodi. Also, you’ll study to copy Kodi from one Firestick to one other.
How to Clone Kodi Configuration and Duplicate Your Setup
There are numerous the reason why somebody would want to clone the setup of Kodi.
- You would possibly need to do it so that each one the TV packing containers in your own home have the identical setup.
- You might additionally want to clone your setup to a good friend’s brand-new machine to help him in setting it up.
- Perhaps you’ve lately acquired a brand new, extra highly effective TV field and need to switch your earlier settings to it.
- Finally, if one thing goes flawed together with your Kodi set up, you might have considered trying to save a clone of your setup as a backup.
It’s easy to clone Kodi due to the best way it maintains its configurations, databases, add-ons, and settings. Add-ons, media, and person information are the one three directories that maintain the entire Kodi setup. Your Kodi information folder has three subfolders.
- Copying these three directories and transferring them to the goal gadget is all it takes to clone a Kodi set up.
- Transferring information between computer systems is easy.
However, issues would possibly change into extra difficult when it comes to TV packing containers and media units. Most of those roadblocks may be overcome, and you’ll find out how. You could clone your gadget utilizing a wide range of methods.
Note: All the processes listed right here presume you’ve already put in and run Kodi in your goal gadget at the least as soon as. They additionally presume that the supply and vacation spot units have the identical Kodi model.
Step 1: Locate Configuration Files On Source Device
The first step is to discover the Kodi information folder in your laptop. Its placement adjustments based mostly on the operating system in your gadget. This is the place you’ll discover them on probably the most prevalent Kodi working techniques.
1. On Windows: Go to the given folder location path.
Note: Replace USERNAME together with your precise system username.
2. On Linux: You can discover the information on ~/.kodi/ folder location in Linux.
3. On macOS: Navigate to the next location to discover the configuration information on macOS.
Note: Replace USERNAME together with your precise system username.
On macOS, the contents of this folder are hidden by default. To see it, comply with the beneath steps:
1. Open a terminal and kind the next command to browse to the folder talked about above.
cd /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Kodi/
2. Then, to see all of the hidden information within the folder, do the next command:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
4. On iOS: Go to the given location in iOS gadget to get the configuration information. Note that viewing hidden information or folders in iOS just isn’t a simple job. As a end result, transferring your Kodi configuration to an iOS gadget is difficult. This limitation has workarounds, however they’re outdoors the scope of this essay. It could also be faster to reinstall Kodi on the brand new gadget in some instances.
5. On Android: Navigate to the next location path in your Android gadget to get Kodi configuration information.
Just like iOS, these information are hidden. This choice is often discovered within the choices menu of the file explorer program.
6. On LibreELEC/OpenELEC: Following is the placement path for the configuration information.
Also Read: How to Speed up Kodi in Windows 10
Step 2: Clone Kodi Configuration
Now, comply with the given strategies to clone Kodi configuration.
Method 1: To Android Device Without External Storage
Unlike different comparable units, the Fire TV Stick lacks a USB connector, making it unable to join to a pc or different storage units like a USB key or an exterior USB arduous disc. Your solely choice to copy Kodi from one Firestick to one other is to use a Wi-Fi reference to extraordinarily restricted native community entry. It could also be achieved in two methods. Both require the ES file explorer software program to be put in in your smartphone.
Option I: Install ES File Explorer
1. Hit the Home button on the distant to get to the Home display screen of your Fire TV Stick.
2. Go to the highest of the Home display screen menu and choose Search.
3. Type es into the on-screen keyboard to discover the es file.
4. Choose ES File Explorer from the search outcomes.
5. To start downloading and putting in ES File Explorer in your Fire TV Stick, choose Download.
6. After the set up is full, open ES File Explorer in your Fire TV Stick by clicking Open.
Note: If you’ve an Android smartphone that doesn’t have exterior storage, you would possibly have the opportunity to obtain ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store.
Now, utilizing ES File Explorer you’ll be able to copy Kodi from one Firestick to one other.
Also Read: How to Cast to Firestick from Windows PC
Option II: Transfer Directly Through Local Network
If each units are linked to the identical native community and the supply Kodi information folder is accessible by a community share, you’ll be able to comply with this methodology to clone Kodi by native community.
1. Open Es File Explorer app on the vacation spot gadget.
2. Select Network within the left facet menu.
2. Then, choose the Scan button underneath LAN on the appropriate facet.
3. Go to the Kodi information folder.
Note: If you don’t see the supply laptop or the share or can’t go to the Kodi information folder, verify the sharing parameters in your supply laptop. Be affected person if you happen to make changes, as sure sharing modifications would possibly take a couple of minutes.
4. While holding the Select button on the distant management, click on on add-ons, media, and userdata folders.
5. Now, return to the left-hand menu, scroll down to the underside, and find and click on on the Copy choice.
6. Return to the left facet Network tab.
7. Next, choose Local this time and go to Android/information/org.xbmc.kodi/information/.kodi/.
8. Here, choose the Paste button when you’ve arrived.
9. Finally, select Overwrite when requested to overwrite present information.
The copying course of would possibly take a number of minutes, relying on the amount of the info you’re sending. After the copy is full, launch Kodi on the goal gadget to be certain that the whole lot is working correctly.
Option III: Use Dropbox
This methodology could also be used to join with units on completely different networks. They could also be on separate continents. All that’s essential is for each units to have Internet connectivity to clone Kodi. Follow these steps to copy Kodi from one Firestick to one other.
1. Open ES File Explorer app on the Fire TV Stick (or any comparable gadget)
2. Choose Network from the left-side menu, however as a substitute of LAN, click on on Cloud.
3. Then, choose Add My Cloud Drive.
4. Select Dropbox from the record of options.
5. Enter your Dropbox credentials to log in to your Dropbox account.
6. Navigate to the placement of the add-on, media, and userdata folders when you’ve linked to your Dropbox account.
7. Press the Select button on the distant management whereas clicking on the three folders as did within the earlier methodology.
8. Select the Copy button.
9. Then, on the left facet, return to the Network tab.
10. Choose Local, and go to Android/information/org.xbmc.kodi/information/.kodi/.
11. Now, choose the Paste button.
12. Finally, choose Overwrite to overwrite present information.
The period of time it takes is influenced by the quantity of information and your Internet connection velocity. Expect it to take a little bit longer than the beforehand described direct switch.
Method 2: To Other Devices
If your goal gadget is Android, you might use one of many two strategies described above by putting in ES File Explorer. There are a number of strategies to clone Kodi settings on different units. Let’s have a look at probably the most generally utilized strategies.
Option I: Transfer Directly Through Local Network
This strategy for copying information to a Fire TV Stick is equivalent to the final one. Instead of utilizing ES file explorer, you need to use the goal working system file explorer or file supervisor. You have to be aware of each the supply and vacation spot working techniques.
1. On the goal gadget, open the File Explorer.
Note: It may be File Manager on the goal gadget, relying on the identify.
2. Then, go to your native community and search for the supply gadget.
3. Navigate by the gadget directories till you discover the Kodi information folder, which incorporates the add-ons, media, and userdata folders, and copy them.
4. Return to the Kodi folder on the native gadget and paste the three copied folders there.
All supply configurations needs to be there whenever you begin Kodi on the goal gadget.
Option II: Use External Storage Media
This strategy necessitates exterior storage media, reminiscent of a USB key. Both workstations should assist exterior USB storage. This strategy has the benefit of permitting the supply and vacation spot units to be the identical. You can comply with these steps to copy Kodi from one Firestick to one other.
1. Copy the three folders (add-ons, media, and userdata) from the supply gadget to the USB key.
2. Now, disconnect and reconnect the USB key to the goal gadget.
3. Then, copy the three directories from the USB key to the goal gadget Kodi folder.
This is how one can clone Kodi configuration information by exterior drive.
Also Read: Fix Kodi Ares Wizard Not Working in Windows 10
Pro Tip: Use VPN
Internet Service Providers are identified to hold observe of their buyer’s on-line actions. It’s to be certain that nobody is violating their phrases of service. When they consider somebody is doing so, they may decelerate their service, give them copyright infringement notifications, and even cease it altogether. When watching the Premier League on XBMC, you might encounter restrictions and security issues. On the opposite hand, a Kodi VPN will help with these issues. A VPN safeguards your privateness by encrypting all information coming into and leaving your laptop with highly effective algorithms which might be practically arduous to hack. Your Internet service supplier will do not know the place you go or what you do on-line. A VPN may also enable you to bypass most regional limitations by choosing appropriately positioned servers. If you might be utilizing a Windows 10 PC to watch applications on Kodi, then learn our information on How to arrange a VPN on Windows 10 to use a VPN on the identical.
We hope you discovered this info helpful and that you just had been in a position to clone Kodi configuration and duplicate your setup. Please tell us which method was probably the most helpful for you to copy Kodi from one Firestick to one other. Please use the shape beneath if in case you have any queries or feedback. Also, tell us what you need to study subsequent.