If you need to change your Twitch title (your username or your show title), you are able to do so by following this step-by-step information.
Your Twitch title is the ID that enables different Twitch customers to know who you might be. If you’re a Twitch streamer, it’s your model—your id. For viewers, it permits you to turn into a widely known face within the Twitch group.
If you don’t like your Twitch title, you’ll be able to change it. If you determine to change your Twitch title, you’ll want to concentrate on some limitations first, nevertheless it’s an in any other case easy course of. Here’s what you’ll want to know.
Table of Contents
Can You Change Your Twitch Name?
If you need to change your Twitch title, don’t fear—you completely can. However, there are some limitations you need to be conscious of first, that are designed to cease you from abusing the characteristic.
First, you want to concentrate on the distinction between your Twitch username and your Twitch show title. Generally, they imply the identical factor, however there’s a delicate distinction—your Twitch username is at all times decrease case, whereas your show title permits for capitalization.
Your show title will seem in your Twitch account profile and seem subsequent to your title in a Twitch streamer’s chat channel. The show title and username (apart from capitalization) should be the identical.
If you need to change your Twitch username, then the most important limitation is time, as you’ll be able to solely change your Twitch username as soon as each 60 days. You’ll additionally want to ensure that your new Twitch username doesn’t breach Twitch’s terms of service. That contains avoiding delicate or abusive phrases or phrases.
If you aren’t proud of the title you’ve chosen, you’re out of luck. You’ll want to wait till the 60 day interval is up earlier than you’ll be able to attempt it once more. There aren’t any limits on what number of occasions you alter your show title, nevertheless.
How to Change Twitch Name on Desktop
If you need to change your Twitch title on a PC or Mac, the steps are easy sufficient. These steps enable you to change your Twitch username first. You can then change your Twitch show title afterward. If you solely need to change your show title, skip to that part.
You’ll want to be sure to can sign up to your Twitch account out of your internet browser earlier than you proceed. You must also bear in mind that you would be able to solely change your Twitch username as soon as each 60 days. Make certain you’re joyful together with your new username first earlier than you proceed.
How to Change Twitch Username on PC or Mac
You can change your Twitch username in your PC or Mac by following these steps:
- Open the Twitch website and sign up.
- Once you’ve signed in, press the account icon within the top-right.
- From the menu, choose Settings.
- You’ll be taken to your Twitch account menu. In the Profile tab within the Settings menu, scroll down to the Profile Settings part.
- To change your Twitch username, press the Edit button subsequent to the Username field.
- In the Change Username field, sort a brand new username to your account.
- If a inexperienced tick seems above the field, you’re free to use it—press Update to affirm.
How to Change Twitch Display Name on PC or Mac
Changing your Twitch show title will alter the capitalization of your username in your profile and in Twitch chat rooms. You can change your Twitch show title at any level—you don’t want to change your Twitch username first.
To change your Twitch show title on PC or Mac, observe these steps:
- Open your browser and go to the Twitch website, then sign up.
- Press the menu icon > Settings.
- In the Profile > Settings menu, scroll to Profile Settings.
- To change your Twitch show title, alter the capitalization of your username within the Display title field. The characters (apart from capitalization) should match.
- Press Save Changes to affirm the change.
Changing Twitch Name on Android, iPhone, and iPad Devices
If you’re utilizing the Twitch cell app on Android, iPhone, or iPad units, you’ll be able to change your Twitch username or show title within the app itself. These steps must be the identical on each sorts of cell units.
How to Change Twitch Username on Android, iPhone, and iPad
Make certain you’ve put in the Twitch app in your system and also you’ve signed in. Once you may have, observe these steps to change your Twitch username.
- Open the Twitch app and faucet the profile icon within the high left.
- In the Account menu, faucet Account Settings.
- Tap Account on the high of the Settings menu.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- To change your Twitch username, faucet Username.
- Read the directions rigorously, then faucet Change Username to affirm.
- Type your new username within the Username field.
- Tap Save within the top-right to affirm any modifications.
The change will apply instantly, and also you’ll want to use your new username to sign up to Twitch from this level. You gained’t have the opportunity to make any additional modifications to your username for at the very least 60 days.
How to Change Twitch Display Name on Android, iPhone, and iPad
If you’ve modified your Twitch username, the steps to change your Twitch show title in your cell system are comparable. Here’s what you’ll want to do.
- Open the Twitch app and faucet the profile icon.
- Tap Account Settings within the Account menu.
- Next, faucet Account.
- Tap Edit Profile.
- To change your Twitch show title, faucet the Display Name field.
- Type your new show title within the field supplied—this should match your username (apart from capitalization).
- Tap Save within the top-right to affirm the change.
Unlike your username, you’ll be able to repeat these steps to change your Twitch show title as usually as you want. If you don’t just like the capitalization you’ve used, repeat the steps to revert again or to make one other change.
Using Your Twitch Account
The steps above ought to assist you to to change your Twitch title, whether or not it’s your username or your show title. Once you’re proud of the modifications you’ve made to your Twitch profile, you can begin to benefit from the platform.
If you’re new to Twitch, you’ll find new streamers to watch on the house web page. You may also give Twitch streaming a go utilizing OBS or one other streaming platform. If Twitch isn’t for you, don’t fear—you’ll be able to chat or stream on Discord to shut mates as an alternative.