Windows 11, The subsequent era of Microsoft Windows, is about to be launched later this yr. There are a number of vital modifications in Windows 11, in contrast to Windows 10. Also, there’s a redesign of the Settings app in Windows 11, together with some lacking issues. One of the essential options lacking from Windows 11 is altering a default app in Windows 11, for instance, a browser. This article discusses how to change Default apps in Windows 11, Like Email Client. Music participant and Browser.
There is a devoted web page in Windows 10 Settings app for setting default apps, as proven in the screenshot. In Windows 11, The web page appears to be lacking. And the solely possibility is to set the default app in Windows 11 is thru File varieties or Protocol, which is defined under.
Let us speak about it one after the other in element, ranging from Browser.
How to Change the default apps in Windows 11
To change the default app in Windows 11, as per your selection, execute the following steps:
- Open the Settings app and click on Apps on the left, after which click on default apps.
- Locate the app you want to set as default, like Firefox browser, and click on it.
- Change the related default protocols and file kind to the desired app, one after the other.
Applies To : Windows 11
How to Set as a default browser in Windows 11:
As the Default apps web page in Settings is lacking in Windows 11, one wants to change the protocols related to the Browser. To do that, see the steps under:
- Go to Settings>Apps part.
- Go to Default apps.
- Choose your Browser, which you need to make as the default.
- Associate the file varieties current on the display screen, like htm, choose the desired Browser and click on OK.
- Repeat this step for all the protocols/varieties current on the web page.
So in Windows 11, in contrast to Windows 10 that required a single click on to select Browser by default, right here you want to click on all the protocols one after the other to set a browser as default. Also, preserve in thoughts that some issues should redirect to Microsoft Edge, like search as it’s by design.
How to Change Default Mail Client in Windows 11
Like the Browser, you want to change the related file varieties and protocols for a Mail Client – detailed steps under.
- Go to Settings>Default apps.
- Locate the default app you want to set, like Outlook in my case. Click it.
- Change all the related file varieties to Outlook one after the other.
How to change default Video Player in Windows 11
For Video Player, like the Browser and Mail Client, you want to change the related file Type. To change the default app for Video Playback, see:
- Under the default apps part, find the app you want to set as default.
- Click it.
- Change the related file varieties like 3GP, MP4 and many others to the desired app, VLC in this case. Click OK.
- Continue altering the file varieties till the finish.
Keep in thoughts that the record of media file varieties could be very lengthy, so that you want to change it for modifications to take impact.
Repeat the steps for different classes, like Maps, Audio playback, and many others. These steps can assist you change the default apps in Windows 11. Indeed Microsoft has made it difficult to change default apps; possibly Microsoft would enhance on this entrance and supply the default app web page as soon as once more.
Windows 11 evaluation