Want to jazz up your e mail messages in Gmail? You can change font in Gmail, apply new font sizes and colours, and use extra formatting. Here’s how.
If you’re typing up an e mail in Gmail, you’ll see the identical font in use for every e mail you draft. Gmail makes use of a default formatting fashion for emails, making certain consistency if you’re sending emails to customers.
If you need to change font in Gmail (and make extra formatting adjustments), you will have a few methods to do it. You apply new font types to e mail textual content quickly. Alternatively, you’ll be able to edit your Gmail font fashion to at all times use a sure kind of font, dimension, colour, and formatting.
If you need to understand how to change font in Gmail, comply with the steps beneath.
Table of Contents
How to Change Font in Gmail Temporarily
When you’re typing up an e mail in Gmail, the identical font fashion will apply. Google sometimes makes use of the Sans Serif font for emails, with textual content dimension set at normal and the textual content colour set to black.
You can quickly change your font fashion in Gmail as you compose an e mail.
Changing Font in Gmail on PC and Mac
If you need to change this font fashion quickly on a PC or Mac, comply with these steps:
- Open the Gmail website.
- Press Compose.
- In the New Message field, use the toolbar on the backside to change your font settings.
- If you need to change current textual content, choose it first, then apply new formatting utilizing the underside toolbar.
- Click Send to ship the e-mail if you’re executed.
Changing Font in Gmail on Android, iPhone, or iPad
To change your Gmail font on cell:
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap Compose.
- Write the physique of your textual content.
- On Android, choose the textual content and faucet Format. iPhone and iPad customers can skip this step.
- Use the formatting toolbar on the backside to apply a brand new font fashion to your textual content.
- When you’re completed, press the Send button to ship your e mail.
How to Change Font in Gmail Permanently
If you’re sick of adjusting Gmail font settings as you compose every e mail, you’ll be able to set a brand new fashion in your Gmail account settings.
This solely works on the Gmail web site, nevertheless. If you’re utilizing the Gmail app on cell gadgets, you received’t give you the chance to apply a brand new font fashion to each e mail you write.
To change your font settings in Gmail completely:
- Open the Gmail website.
- Press the settings icon in the top-right.
- In Quick Settings, press See all settings.
- In the General tab, scroll down to the Default textual content fashion part.
- Use the formatting choices to change your font, textual content dimension, or colour, or take away all current formatting.
- Scroll down and press Save Changes to apply them to your account.
With a brand new font fashion utilized to your account, the adjustments seem if you start to compose a brand new e mail.
Writing Emails in Gmail
Gmail makes use of a really fundamental font and textual content fashion for emails. If you’re bored of utilizing it, the steps above ought to enable you to change font in Gmail.
If you need entry to additional instruments, you might have considered trying to think about using a third-party Gmail app. You may take into consideration formatting your emails in other ways. For instance, you might have considered trying to insert a desk right into a Gmail message.
You may make extra particular adjustments to your account, reminiscent of altering your show title in Gmail.