Lacking the cables you want to hook up your Windows 11 PC to a TV or monitor? You may go wi-fi utilizing a Chromecast as a substitute. Here’s how.
Do you want to wirelessly share your machine’s display screen with one other machine? This is the proper process for a Chromecast—a Google machine constructed for wi-fi streaming.
You may consider using a Chromecast for streaming Netflix out of your smartphone, however there’s additionally a extra sensible use. For instance, in case you want to share your PC display screen wirelessly, you can forged Windows 11 PC to a Chromecast utilizing your net browser.
Chromecasts are an inexpensive approach to rapidly share your PC output with different units. To enable you, right here’s what you’ll want to do to forged Windows 11 to your Chromecast.
Table of Contents
How to Cast Windows 11 to Chromecast with Microsoft Edge
If you need to forged your Windows 11 desktop to a Chromecast utilizing solely built-in companies, you’ll want to use the Microsoft Edge browser to accomplish that.
Here’s what you’ll want to do:
- Launch Microsoft Edge in your Windows 11 desktop.
- Click the Settings and extra button (three dots) or use the keyboard shortcut Alt + F to carry it up.
- From the menu, click on More instruments > Cast media to machine.
- Next, select the casting supply by urgent the Sources menu dropdown and choosing Cast desktop.
- From the Cast tab drop-down, select the Google machine that you really want to join to. Your pc’s show will seem on the display screen you forged to robotically.
- To cease casting, click on the Google Cast icon that seems on the Edge toolbar, then choose the machine you now not need to forged to.
How to Cast from Windows 11 to a Chromecast Using Google Chrome
You don’t want to use Microsoft Edge to forged from—you should use Google Chrome as a substitute. Both net browsers use the identical underlying browser engine (Chromium), so the performance required to forged from Windows 11 to a Chromecast will work in each net browsers.
To forged from Windows 11 utilizing Google Chrome:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser in your Windows 11 PC.
- Click the settings menu icon (three vertical dots) within the upper-right nook of the browser.
- Scroll down and click on Cast from the menu.
- From the Cast menu, click on the Sources dropdown menu, then choose the Cast desktop choice.
- From the Cast desktop drop-down menu, choose the machine you need to forged your desktop to.
- Your desktop will start casting to your Chromecast machine. To cease the casting expertise, click on the Google forged icon that seems on the toolbar, then choose the machine you’re linked to.
Streaming Your Windows 11 PC
Having the flexibility to forged your Windows 11 desktop to a Chromecast is a helpful and infrequently underused characteristic. While you gained’t want cables for this methodology, you will note somewhat little bit of enter lag, so it most likely isn’t proper for gaming.
If you don’t have a Chromecast, you can attempt to use Miracast as a substitute on a Windows 10 or 11 PC. This is an older protocol, however when you have an older TV or monitor, Miracast may fit as a substitute.
Worried about your privateness? You can disable Chromecast media controls in Google Chrome solely to cease different community customers from controlling your stream.