Notifications on Windows 11 will be distracting. If you need to cease them, you possibly can block them utilizing the steps on this information.
System and app notifications generally is a nice profit or annoyance, relying on the way you understand them.
They’re good when there may be an error in your system, however they will show to be a distraction when a notification seems for each electronic mail. If you need to block notifications on Windows 11 fully, right here’s what you’ll want to do.
Table of Contents
How to Block Notifications on Windows 11
You can simply block notifications on Windows 11 by following these steps.
To block your notifications:
- Open the Start menu and choose Settings. Alternately, you possibly can instantly hit the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- When Settings opens, click on on System from the listing on the left and click on Notifications on the appropriate.
- On the next display screen, toggle off the Notifications choice.
- Exit the Settings app.
Moving ahead, app and system notifications will cease displaying on the desktop. However, it’s value noting that some apps have their very own built-in notification settings.
In that case, you’ll want to disable notifications instantly from the app—that’s uncommon, nevertheless. By turning off notifications in Settings, you’ll get rid of an excellent proportion of notifications.
How to Disable Individual App Notifications on Windows 11
You may also disable particular person app notifications. This is an efficient choice if you need some notifications coming by however you continue to need to silence annoying ones.
To disable particular person app notifications:
- Open Start > Settings > System and click on the Notifications choice.
- Now, open the Notifications part and toggle on the Get notifications from apps and different senders choice.
- Scroll by the listing of your apps and allow or disable the apps you do or don’t need notifications from.
- Now, all of the apps you turned off received’t show notifications, however these you permit on will preserve displaying notifications.
- If you miss an app, you possibly can flip off its notifications from the Notifications heart. Launch the Notifications heart and click on the three-dots menu icon > Settings.
- After clicking the button, select the choice to flip off all notifications from the app.
How to Disable Notifications with the Registry
You may also make a extra everlasting change to your notification settings by enhancing the Registry to disable them fully.
Note: The Registry is a crucial and delicate a part of your OS. Entering a improper worth could make your system unstable or un-bootable. Before continuing, make sure you again it up, create a Restore Point, and do a full backup of your system. Or higher but, do all three so you possibly can recuperate your system if one thing goes awry.
To disable notification settings on Windows 11 utilizing the Registry:
- Use the shortcut Windows key + R to open Run.
- In Run, kind regedit and click on OK.
- When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the next path:
- Under the PushNotifications key, double-click ToastEnabled DWORD on the appropriate.
- After double-clicking ToastEnabled, change the Value information from 1 to 0.
- Click OK and restart Windows 11 to save the change.
Once you get again from the restart, all app and system notifications will likely be disabled on your laptop. If you need to reenable notifications, return into the Registry, change the ToastEnabled Value information from 0 to 1 and restart the PC.
Focus Assist vs. Disabling Notifications on Windows 11
You can shortly disable your notifications on Windows 11 by utilizing the steps above.
Using the steps above will permit you to disable all notifications or permit particular ones you rely on. Keep in thoughts that you could be need to arrange Focus Assist as an alternative. It will preserve notification alerts to a minimal when you’re busy on your PC.
There are additionally different options in Windows 11 you might take into account. For instance, check out organising Active Hours to keep away from Windows Update restarts whereas working on your PC. Windows 11 system sounds are extra refined than earlier variations, however you possibly can nonetheless handle system sounds to your liking.
If you’re not on Windows 11 but, no worries. You can arrange Focus Assist on Windows 10 or arrange Active Hours on Windows 10. And don’t neglect, you possibly can handle notifications on Windows 10.