Anyone who has entry to your pc can open the Settings app on Windows 11 and alter the community settings, privateness, language settings, and many others. If your loved ones members use your PC, it’s good to disable entry to Settings altogether.
Suppose you block entry to the Settings app on Windows 11. In that case, you received’t have to fear about anybody making pointless modifications to your pc or messing along with your community settings with out your permission.
On Windows 11, you possibly can block settings entry for particular customers, however you want to edit the Registry file or change the Local Group Policy. Hence, in case you are in blocking Settings entry on Windows 11, you may discover this text very useful.
Steps to Block Access to the Settings App in Windows 11
This article will record the two greatest strategies to block settings entry on Windows 11. Since the strategies require Registry modifying, make certain to comply with the steps fastidiously, or else you might find yourself inviting issues to your PC.
1) Block Access to Settings on Windows 11 through Registry
In this technique, we’ll use the Registry Editor to block Settings entry on Windows 11. Follow a few of the easy steps we’ve shared beneath.
1. First, click on on the Windows 11 Search and kind in Regedit. Next, open the Registry Editor from the record of choices.
2. On the Registry Editor, navigate to the path:
3. Now, right-click on the Explorer folder and choose New > DWORD (32-Bit) Value.
4. Name the new key NoControlPanel and hit the Enter button.
5. Once achieved, double click on on the NoControlPanel DWORD key and enter 1 on the Value Data discipline. Next, click on on the Ok button.
6. Once achieved, shut the Registry Editor and open the Settings app. You will see an error immediate like this.
7. If you would like to allow the Settings app, set 0 on the Value knowledge discipline in Step 5.
That’s it! You are achieved. This is how one can block entry to the Settings app on Windows 11.
2) Disable Windows 11 Settings App through Local Group Policy
We will use the Local Group Policy Editor to disable the Windows 11 Settings entry in this technique. Follow a few of the easy steps we’ve shared beneath.
1. First, click on on the Windows 11 Search and kind in Local Group Policy. Next, open the Local Group Policy Editor from the record.
2. On the Local Group Policy Editor, navigate to the:
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel
3. Double click on on the Prohibit entry to Control Panel and PC Settings on the proper pane.
4. Select Enabled and click on on the Ok button on the Window that seems.
5. Now, nothing will occur if anybody tries to entry the Settings app. This can even block entry to the Control Panel.
6. If you would like to revert the modifications, choose ‘Not Configured’ in Step 4.
That’s it! You are achieved. This is how one can block customers from accessing Settings in Windows 11 through Local Group Policy Editor.
So, these are the two greatest methods to block customers from accessing the Settings app on Windows 11. If you might be the admin of a Windows 11 PC, you possibly can comply with these strategies to stop different consumer accounts from accessing the Settings.