Accidental Incorrect adjustments to Registry recordsdata can create critical issues in your laptop. Hence, we’re offering beneath the steps to Backup Registry in Windows 10 & 11, each manually and routinely.
Backup Registry in Windows 10 & 11
The default setting in the earlier variations of Windows working system was to routinely backup Registry Files and save the Registry Backup in “RegBackup” System Folder.
However, the Automatic Registry Backup characteristic has been eliminated in present variations of Windows 10 and 11, in order to save space for storing.
This virtually implies that you gained’t give you the chance to Restore Windows Registry from a backup, in case you find yourself with broken or corrupted Registry Files in your laptop.
Luckily, Microsoft has solely disabled this characteristic and it’s nonetheless attainable to Enable each Automatic and Manual Registry Backups in your laptop.
Note: The “RegBackup” folder is positioned at C:WindowsSystem32configRegBack. If Registry will not be being backed up, you will discover all entries in this folder having 0 Kb dimension.
1. Enable Automatic Registry Backup in Windows 10 & 11
You could make your laptop to routinely backup registry by enabling periodic Registry backups utilizing Registry Editor.
Note: This step is supposed for superior customers. Modifying Registry Files in an incorrect approach may cause critical issues in your laptop.
1. Right-click on the Start button and click on on Run. In Run Command Window, sort regedit and click on on OK.
2. On the Registry Editor display screen, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerConfiguration Manager.
3. Right-click on Configuration Manager Folder > choose New > click on on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
4. Name the newly created key EnablePeriodicBackup and press the Enter key on the keyboard of your laptop.
5. Next, double-click on the newly created EnablePeriodicBackup DWORD and set its worth to 1.
6. Click on the OK button to save the change to DWORD and Restart your laptop.
After this alteration, your laptop will routinely create a backup of the complete Registry in your laptop and the backup file can be positioned in “RegBackup” Folder positioned at C:WindowsSystem32configRegBack.
Windows may even create “RegIdleBackup” activity in the Task Scheduler to handle future Auto-registry backups in your laptop.
2. Manually Backup Registry Files on Windows 10 & 11 Computer
Once Registry Backups are enabled on the pc, you can also make a guide backup of Registry Files in your laptop at any time by following the steps beneath.
1. Click on the Start button > Type Task Scheduler in the search field and click on on Task Scheduler App in search outcomes.
2. On Task Scheduler display screen, navigate to Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Registry. Right-click on RegIdleBackup activity and click on on Run choice in the menu that seems.
Once you click on on Run, Task Scheduler will create a backup of the complete Registry in your laptop, overwriting the earlier Registry backup in the RegBackup folder.