Block quotes are a wonderful means to convey emphasis to sections of textual content in your paperwork. If you need to make a block quote in Google Docs, comply with this information.
A block quote in Google Docs permits doc authors to emphasize a part of textual content. If your doc is text-heavy, a block quote makes it simpler for the quote to stand out. It attracts rapid consideration to regardless of the quote is saying.
Google Docs doesn’t supply a function for block quotes, however you should use Google Docs formatting to create one anyway. This information will present you what to do.
Table of Contents
Rules for Block Quotes
You can create block quotes in Google Docs utilizing indentation. When you write a doc, every new line begins in the identical place.
You can use indentation to change this. This is the way you create a block quote in Google Docs, however the dimension of the indentation is necessary. Academic type guides (e.g. MLA or APA) have guidelines on the dimensions of block quotes that you will want to comply with.
Make positive to verify your related type information for the precise guidelines on indentation earlier than you add a block quote to your Google Docs doc.
How to Add a Block Quote in Google Docs on PC & Mac
Once you realize the proper indentation, you’ll be able to shortly add a block quote to Google Docs utilizing these steps.
To shortly add a block quote in Google Docs:
- Open your Google Docs doc on the Google Docs website.
- In your doc, choose the portion of textual content you need to flip into a block quote (by itself paragraph).
- With the textual content highlighted, press the Increase Indent button on the device bar. The Increase Indent button will transfer your textual content to the fitting in 1cm intervals.
- Press Increase Indent once more to transfer the textual content additional to the fitting, or press Decrease Indent to transfer it left.
If you need to customise the indentation manually:
- Select your block quote textual content in Google Docs.
- Press Format > Align & indent > Indentation Options.
- In the Indentation Options field, set your customized indent place (in centimeters) utilizing the Left and Right packing containers.
- Press Apply to affirm.
Once you’ve inserted your block quote, you’ll be able to add additional formatting adjustments to make it stand out additional. For instance, chances are you’ll want to add italic formatting or use double spacing.
How to Add a Block Quote in Google Docs on Android, iPhone, and iPad
To add a block quote in Google Docs on cell:
- Open your doc in the Google Docs app and faucet the Edit button (bottom-right).
- Select the textual content containing your block quote.
- With the textual content chosen, faucet the Format button. This is the icon on the highest with the letter A.
- Select the Paragraph tab on the backside.
- Tap the Increase Indent button to transfer the textual content to the fitting or faucet Decrease Indent to transfer the textual content proper.
- Tap the tick icon in the top-left to save your change.
Formatting Google Docs Documents
We’ve proven you the way to simply insert block quotes in Google Docs paperwork in simply a few steps.
The steps are easy however don’t overlook to bear in mind the principles. You may have to take into consideration different formatting selections that your writing type information requires earlier than you full your doc, together with including double spacing or setting customized margins.
If you’re a Microsoft Office person, you’ll be able to add a block quote in Word to create your skilled paperwork as a substitute.