You can set up and replace your Windows 10 in a short time with the assistance of a supporting instrument named Windows Media Creation Tool. An ideal clear set up of the system may be achieved. Additionally, you’ll be able to improve your PC or construct a USB flash drive for a similar. However, typically customers are aggravated with the error message, There was an issue working this instrument. When you face this error, you may be unable to load this system and would possibly get caught within the means of updating. Read under to discover ways to repair Windows Media Creation Tool not working situation in your Windows 10 PC.
How to Fix Windows Media Creation Tool Not Working Issue
Once the difficulty is recognized, learn our information on How to Create Windows 10 Installation Media with Media Creation Tool.This instrument is often related to error codes like 0x80200013 – 0x90019 or 0x8007005-0x9002, or 0x80070015. There are a number of causes that set off this situation, similar to:
- Incorrect Language settings
- Corrupt working system information
- Antivirus conflicts
- Disabled providers
- Presence of bugs/malware
- Incorrect registry values
Method 1: Use Another Computer
If you’ve got multiple system, then you’ll be able to attempt to run Windows Media Creation Tool in one other System and verify if it really works or not. Sometimes resulting from totally different working system, it’s possible you’ll face this situation.
- You ought to create a bootable ISO file/USB on a unique pc.
- You are suggested to preserve a minimum of 6GB RAM cupboard space in your various gadget.
Also Read: How to Create Bootable Windows 11 USB Drive
Method 2: Disable VPN Client
If you’re utilizing a VPN consumer, strive disabling it after which strive updating your PC.
1. Hit the Windows key, sort VPN Settings within the Windows Search Bar, and click on on Open.
2. In the Settings window, choose the Connected VPN (e.g. vpn2).
3. Click on the Disconnect button.
4. Now, swap Off the toggle for the next VPN choices beneath Advanced Options:
- Allow VPN over metered networks
- Allow VPN whereas roaming
Method 3: Run Windows Media Creation Tool as Administrator
You want administrative privileges to entry a number of information and providers on this instrument. If you shouldn’t have the required administrative rights, you would possibly face issues. Hence, run it as an administrator to repair Windows Media Creation Tool not working situation.
1. Right-click on the Windows Media Creation Tool icon.
2. Now, choose Properties, as proven.
3. In the Properties window, swap to the Compatibility tab.
4. Now, verify the field marked Run this program as an administrator.
5. Finally, click on on Apply, then OK to save lots of the adjustments.
Also Read: How to Disable BitLocker in Windows 10
Method 4: Delete Temporary Files
When your PC has corrupt or pointless information, you’ll encounter this situation. You can kind this error by clearing the non permanent information in your pc, as follows:
1. Press the Windows key, sort %temp%, and hit the Enter key to open AppData Local Temp folder.
2. Select all of the information & folders by urgent Ctrl + A keys collectively.
3. Right-click and choose Delete to take away all of the non permanent information from the PC.
4. Next, go to Desktop.
5. Here, right-click on the Recycle Bin icon and choose Empty Recycle Bin choice.
Method 5: Change Language Settings
If the situation of your pc and the language of your Windows 10 setup file don’t correlate, you’ll face this situation. In this case, set the language of the PC to English & repair Windows Media Creation Tool not working situation by following the below-mentioned directions:
1. Press the Windows key, sort management Panel. Then, click on on Open, as proven.
2. Set the View by choice to Category and click on on Clock and Region.
3. Click on Region on the subsequent display screen.
4. In the Region window, swap to the Administrative tab, click on on the Change system locale… button.
5. Here, set the Current system locale: to English (United States) and click on OK.
Note: This setting impacts all person accounts on the pc.
6. Back within the Administrative tab, click on on Copy settings… button proven highlighted.
7. Here, guarantee the next fields are checked beneath Copy your present settings to: part.
- Welcome display screen and system accounts
- New person accounts
8. Finally, click on on OK to save lots of the adjustments and restart your PC.
Also Read: Fix Fatal Error No Language File Found
Method 6: Enable All Necessary Services
To guarantee the correct functioning of the Windows Media Creation Tool, a number of providers like BITS or Windows replace, should be enabled. In order to repair Windows Media Creation Tool not working situation, it’s worthwhile to ensure that the stated providers are working. If not, allow them as defined under:
1. Hit Windows + R keys collectively to open Run dialog field.
2. Type providers.msc and click on OK to launch Services window.
3. Scroll down and find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).
4. Right-click on it and choose Start choice, as depicted under. Wait for the method to be accomplished.
5. Repeat Step 4 for given providers to allow them as properly:
- IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules
- TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
- Windows Update or Automatic Updates
6. Finally, restart the Windows Media Creation instrument and verify if the difficulty is resolved.
Method 7: Add OS Upgrade Registry Key
Making adjustments within the Registry Editor may also assist resolve Windows Media Creation Tool not working error code.
1. Launch Run dialog field. Type regedit and click on OK, as proven. This will open Windows Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the next path by copying and pasting it within the Address bar:
3. Now, right-click on the empty area and click on on New adopted by DWORD (32-bit) Value.
4. Here, sort the Value title as AllowOSUpgrade, as depicted under.
5. Right-click on AllowOSUpgrade key and choose Modify… choice, proven highlighted.
6. Here, set the Value knowledge: to 1 and click on on OK.
7. Finally, restart your Windows 10 PC.
Also Read: How to Open Registry Editor in Windows 11
Method 8: Resolve Windows Defender Firewall Interference
Sometimes, potential packages are additionally blocked by the Windows Defender Firewall. Hence, you’re suggested so as to add an exception to this system or disable the firewall to unravel this situation. Follow the steps given under:
Method 8A: Allow Windows Media Creation Tool by Firewall
1. Launch Control Panel by Windows Search bar, as proven.
2. Here, set View by: > Large icons and click on on Windows Defender Firewall to proceed.
3. Next, click on on Allow an app or function by Windows Defender Firewall.
4A. Locate Windows Media Creation instrument within the given listing. Then, comply with Step 8.
4B. Alternately, click on Allow one other app… button if the app will not be current within the listing.
5. Here, click on on the Browse… button, as proven.
6. Select Windows Media Creation Tool and click on on Open.
7. Now, click on on Add button.
8. Check the Private and Public checkboxes comparable to it, as proven highlighted.
9. Finally, click on OK to save lots of the adjustments.
Method 8B: Disable Windows Defender Firewall (Not Recommended)
Disabling the firewall makes your system extra weak to malware or virus assaults. Hence, in the event you select to take action, be certain that to allow it quickly after you’re finished fixing the difficulty.
1. Navigate to Control Panel > Windows Defender Firewall as proven in Method 7A.
2. Select Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off choice from the left pane.
3. Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not advisable) choice for all community settings.
4. Reboot your PC for adjustments to take impact. Check whether or not Windows Media Creation instrument not working error is rectified. If not, strive the subsequent repair.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Stuck on Getting Windows Ready
Method 9: Run Antivirus Scan
Few anti-malware packages will help you take away bugs out of your gadget. Therefore, run an antivirus scan in your PC as follows:
1. Hit Windows + I keys concurrently to open Windows Settings.
2. Here, click on on Update & Security, as proven.
3. Click on Windows Security within the left pane.
4. Next, choose the Virus & menace safety choice beneath Protection areas.
5. Click on Scan choices, as proven.
6. Choose a scan choice as per your desire and click on on Scan Now.
7A. All the threats will probably be enlisted right here after the scan. Click on Start actions beneath Current threats to take away malware from the system.
7B. If you shouldn’t have any threats in your system, the system will present the No present threats message proven highlighted under.
Method 10: Reinstall Windows Media Creation Tool
If you’ve got tried all of the strategies and didn’t attain a repair, then uninstall the instrument and reinstall it. Your instrument will probably be restarted contemporary and you’ll not face the stated situation.
1. Hit the Windows key and sort apps and options, then click on on Open.
2. Type and seek for Windows Media Creation Tool in Search this listing area.
3. Click on Uninstall.
4. Again, click on Uninstall button within the pop-up immediate to substantiate.
Note: You can affirm the deletion by looking for it once more. You will obtain the next display screen.
5. Now, open Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool webpage. Click on Download instrument now button, as proven.
6. Go to Downloads folder and run the downloaded .exe file.
7. Follow the on-screen directions to finish the set up course of.
Pro Tip: Install Windows 10 November 2021 Update
To keep away from incompatibility points, you’ll be able to replace your Windows 10 PC to the newest November 2021 upate through Download Windows 10 page, as proven.
We hope this information was helpful and also you had been in a position to repair Windows Media Creation instrument not working situation in your Windows 10 PC. Let us know which methodology helped you essentially the most. Also, if in case you have any recommendations relating to this text, please drop them within the feedback part.