If you might be lacking DLL recordsdata, then that is your worst nightmare coming true. This error message seems out of nowhere and may put a whole cease to your work. The program can’t begin as a result of VCRUNTIME140.dll is lacking out of your pc. Try reinstalling this system to repair this drawback error message is regrettably fairly widespread amongst Windows customers. As many functions rely on Microsoft Visual Studio runtime library, seeing this error could be irritating because the mentioned apps would not perform. Thus, we are going to information you repair VCRUNTIME140.dll lacking or not discovered error on Windows 11.
How to Fix VCRUNTIME140.dll is Missing or Not Found Error on Windows 11
You might imagine that VCRUNTIME140.dll not discovered error is malware that stops you from accessing a selected program. But, this isn’t true. VCRUNTIME140.dll is a Microsoft runtime library that aids to entry and execute packages created with Microsoft Visual Studio. DLL recordsdata comprise the codes that packages have to run correctly. To entry these codes, MS Visual Studio 2015-2019 based mostly functions require the runtime listing. Following are some widespread causes behind VCRUNTIME140.DLL is lacking error:
- Corrupt Programs or functions
- Files which will have been mistakenly eliminated.
- Malware and viruses within the system
- Vulnerabilities launched by Windows updates.
Note: Error loading vcruntime140_1.dll. The specified module couldn’t be discovered error has additionally been reported by a number of customers. This often happens when 2019 replace and Visual C++ 2015 is put in on your pc. This results in incompatibility points.
Method 1: Repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64 and x86 Both)
Follow the given steps to repair VCRUNTIME140.dll lacking or not discovered error on Windows 11 by repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 redistributable:
1. Press Windows + X keys concurrently to open Quick Link Menu.
2. Click on Apps and Features from the given menu.
3. In the Apps & options window, sort Visual C++ within the App listing search field.
4. Click on the three vertical dots equivalent to Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64).
5. Then, click on on Modify, as depicted under.
6. In the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) Wizard, click on on the Repair button.
7. After you see Setup Successful message, click on on Close, as proven.
8. Repeat Steps 4-8 for Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) as properly.
9. Restart your Windows 11 PC.
Method 2: Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64 and x86 Both)
If repairing the mentioned apps doesn’t assist repair the issue, the attempt to repair VCRUNTIME140.dll is lacking error in Windows 11 by reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 redistributable.
1. Launch Apps & Features & seek for Visual C++ by following Steps 1-3 of Method 1.
2. Click on the three vertical dots pertaining to Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64).
3. Then, click on on Uninstall, as depicted under.
4. Click on Uninstall within the affirmation pop-up.
5. Let the uninstallation course of end. Then, repeat steps 3-4 for Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) too.
6. Restart your Windows 11 PC.
7. Open an internet browser and go to the Microsoft Download Center.
8. Click on Download after choosing the language of your choice. e.g. English.
9. Check the containers marked vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe and click on on Next, as illustrated under.
Wait for the obtain course of to be accomplished.
10. Open File Explorer and go to the situation the place the recordsdata are downloaded, e.g. Downloads.
11. Install each downloaded .exe recordsdata by double-clicking on them.
Also Read: How to Update Apps on Windows 11
Method 3: Run DISM and SFC Scans
To repair VCRUNTIME140.dll is lacking or not discovered error in Windows 11, run Deployment Image Servicing and Management in addition to System File Checker instruments to repair & rule out points associated to deprave recordsdata within the system.
Note: Your pc have to be related to the web to execute these instructions correctly.
1. Search for Command Prompt in search bar and click on on Run as administrator, as proven.
2. Type the next instructions and press the Enter key after every command.
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckWell being Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanWell being DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreWell being
3. After the DISM course of is accomplished, sort SFC /scannow & hit Enter.
4. Once the Verification 100% full message is displayed, restart your pc.
Method 4: Reinstall Affected Application
If solely a selected program is affected by this error then, it’s essential to reinstall that program. As packages have their very own copy of VCRUNTIME140.dll recordsdata, reinstalling such apps might clear up this drawback.
1. Launch Apps & Features through Quick Link menu, as earlier.
2. Scroll by the listing of put in apps and click on on the three dots icon for the app that you simply wish to uninstall.
Note: We have proven BlueStacks 5 for instance on this technique.
3. Click on Uninstall, as proven.
4. Follow the on-screen directions, if any, to uninstall the app.
5. Re-download the uninstalled app from its official web site. For instance, click on on Download BlueStacks on Bluestacks obtain web page.
6. Repeat the identical for all apps going through VCRUNTIME140.dll is lacking error.
Also Read: Fix Apps Can’t Open in Windows 11
Method 5: Restore .DLL Files from Antivirus Quarantine Zone
In case, the mentioned recordsdata had been misconstrued as malware and deleted or disabled by the antivirus program put in on your pc, the identical could be retrieved. Follow the given steps to repair VCRUNTIME140.dll is lacking error in Windows 11 by restoring .dll recordsdata from Quarantine zone of Antivirus program.
Note: We have proven Bitdefender app for instance on this technique. Your antivirus program might or might not present this function. Also, steps might differ relying upon the antivirus software program put in on your Windows PC.
1. Click on the Search icon, sort Bitfender and click on on Open.
2. Go to the Protection part of your antivirus, then click on on Antivirus as proven highlighted.
3. Select the Settings menu and click on on the Manage quarantine possibility for Quarantined threats.
4. Check the field for the .dll file, if current, and click on on the Restore button.
Also Read: How to Restore Missing Recycle Bin Icon in Windows 11
Method 6: Manually Download .DLL Files
You can obtain and set up lacking DLL recordsdata manually to resolve this challenge.
1. Navigate to dll-files.com out of your Web Browser.
2. Search for VCRUNTIME140 within the search bar.
3. Select the VCRUNTIME140.dll possibility.
4. Scroll all the way down to the obtain part and click on on Download with respect to the specified Version.
5. After downloading course of is completed, extract the downloaded zip file by double-clicking on it.
6. Copy the .dll file together with the readme textual content file by choosing it and urgent Ctrl + C keys.
7. Paste recordsdata within the Directory the place you had been going through the error by urgent Ctrl + V keys.
Also Read: How to Block Windows 11 Update Using GPO
Method 7: Update Windows
To repair VCRUNTIME140.dll is lacking error in Windows 11, replace your Windows working system by following these steps:
1. Press Windows + I keys concurrently to open Windows Settings.
2. Click on Windows Update within the left pane.
3. Then, click on on Check for updates button.
4A. If there may be any replace obtainable, click on on Download & set up possibility. Restart your PC.
4B. If this selection isn’t seen, then your Windows 11 PC is already working on the most recent obtainable updates.
Method 8: Perform System Restore
If all else fails, repair VCRUNTIME140.dll lacking or not discovered error in Windows 11 by performing system restore.
1. Click on the Search icon and sort management Panel, then click on on Open.
2. Set View by: > Large icons, after which click on on Recovery.
3. Click on Open System Restore possibility.
4. Click on Next > within the System Restore window twice.
5. From the listing, choose the most recent Automatic Restore Point to revive your pc to the purpose when you weren’t going through the problem. Click on the Next > button.
Note: You can click on on Scan for affected packages to see the listing of functions that shall be affected by restoring the pc to the beforehand set restore level. Click on Close to shut the newly opened window.
6. Finally, click on on Finish.
We hope you discovered this text useful on repair VCRUNTIME140.dll is lacking or not discovered error on Windows 11. You can ship your recommendations and queries within the remark part under.