Several Windows customers face the runtime error C++ upon restarting the PC within the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library window. They additionally skilled this error after launching Microsoft Explorer on their pc. It could also be startling for the customers as they don’t anticipate this sort of error instantly after rebooting the pc or opening any utility. There are numerous causes for this error to transpire on your PC, and we are going to focus on them on this article with the strategies to resolve them. So, learn this text until the tip to learn to repair runtime error C++.
How to Fix Runtime Error C++ on Windows 10
Below are a few of the causes inflicting this runtime error C++ to happen on a desktop:
- The Visual C++ function may be damaged or broken, inflicting this error on your PC.
- Sometimes the Compatibility mode can create issues and instigate the runtime error to happen.
- Memory points on Winodes could result in the runtime error C++.
- A damaged or outdated graphics driver may cause this error.
Follow the strategies talked about beneath fastidiously to repair this situation.
Method 1: Modify Compatibility Setting
Compatibility mode is a precious function that permits you to run outdated applications on your pc. However, this performance can often lead to a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error. To resolve the problem, deactivate compatibility mode by following the steps beneath.
1. Right-click on the error-causing utility and choose Properties from the context menu.
2. Go to the Compatibility tab.
3. Uncheck the choice Run this program in compatibility mode for.
4. To save your modifications, click on on Apply > OK button.
Method 2: Repair Visual C++ Runtime
You may also attempt to restore the Visual C++ runtime to resolve the runtime error C++ drawback. Here’s how you are able to do it:
1. Press Windows + R keys concurrently to launch the Run dialog field.
2. Type appwiz.cpl and press the Enter key to launch the Programs and Features window.
3. Right-click on the Visual C++ package deal and click on on Uninstall possibility. Uninstall all Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime packages.
Note: Do not uninstall the 2010 and 2012 variations. Uninstall the remainder of the opposite variations of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime.
4. Now, find Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 2012. Double-click on the package deal.
Note: Here, Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable has been chosen for example.
5. Click on Yes within the User Account Control immediate.
6. Now, click on on Repair.
7. Click on Close and restart your PC.
Also Read: Fix GTA 4 Seculauncher Failed to Start Application 2000
Method 3: Update Graphics Driver
A damaged or malfunctioning driver is most certainly accountable for the presence of atibtmon.exe, explorer.exe, logonui.exe, or a sport executable file within the C++ runtime error field in Windows 10. You can attempt downloading and putting in the latest model of the graphics driver from the producer’s web site. Or you may additionally do it utilizing the Device Manager. Read our information on 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to study it in depth.
Method 4: Rollback Graphics Driver
Because so many different apps require runtime and Windows is so dependent on it, rolling again the graphics driver updates has labored for a number of individuals. If it’s simply inflicting issues with one or two apps, it’s virtually definitely an incompatibility situation. We advocate rolling again to a previous model of the show adapter on this occasion to resolve this runtime error C++. Read our information on How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10 to take action. If this resolution works, you should additionally make sure that Windows doesn’t routinely replace drivers.
Also Read: Fix Warframe Launcher Update Failed Error
Method 5: Repair Corrupt Files
The Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library situation in Windows 10 may happen when a system file is lacking or broken. After all, there’s no hurt in operating DISM and system file examine. You ought to use these restore applications recurrently to examine system file points routinely. Read our information on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 to carry out the identical and examine if the problem is fastened on your PC or not.
Method 6: Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Running Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool will aid you resolve any points associated to system reminiscence that might result in runtime error C++ points. Follow the beneath steps to run the software:
1. Hit the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys concurrently to open Task Manager.
2. Right-click on Windows Explorer from the listing and click on on End process from the context menu.
3. Launch the Run dialog field by urgent Windows + R keys collectively.
4. Type MdSched within the dialog field and press Enter to launch the Windows Memory Diagnostic software.
5. Click on Restart now and examine for issues (beneficial).
Note: Ensure to avoid wasting and shut all of the operating applications.
6. After restarting, press the F1 key to open Options.
7. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate to the Extended possibility. Then, press the F10 key to Apply.
Note: The Extended exams embody all the usual exams plus MATS+ (cache disabled). Stride38, WSCHCKR, WStride-6. CHCKR4, WCHCKR3, ERAND, Stride6 (Cache disabled), and CHCKRS.
8. If there are any errors, be aware them to troubleshoot accordingly. Press the Esc key to Exit the Windows Memory Diagnostics software.
Also Read: Fix The Request Failed Due to a Fatal Device Hardware Error
Method 7: Uninstall Problematic Applications
Visual C++ has been recognized to crash Explorer when sure problematic apps are used. The drawback may be fastened by uninstalling these applications. You can reinstall these applications later to examine whether or not the runtime error C++ drawback has improved. Follow the beneath steps:
1. Press the Windows + I keys concurrently to open Settings.
2. Click on the Apps setting.
3. Scroll down and select Intel True Key. Click on it and choose Uninstall.
4. Then, click on on Uninstall within the pop-up.
5. Follow the on-screen directions accordingly to uninstall this system.
6. Similarly, Uninstall the next applications as effectively in an analogous approach:
- Visual Studio 2013
- Bing Desktop
7. Restart your machine to see whether or not the runtime error c++ drawback has been resolved.
Method 8: Perform Clean Boot
Only required providers and apps are loaded in a Clean Boot. Due to third-party and start-up functions, a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library situation may come up on your system. A clear boot stops all third-party apps from loading at launch and any dispute between an utility. In this fashion, the Visual C++ software program will get resolved on your pc fully. Read our information on How to Perform Clean boot in Windows 10 to implement the identical.
Also Read: 10 Ways to Fix PS4 Keeps Turning Off
Method 9: Create New User Account
A corrupt consumer profile may also contribute to this runtime error C++. If the Microsoft Visual C++ runtime library situation continues, you’ll have to set up a brand new consumer account. After creating a brand new account, you should signal out of your outdated one and change to the brand new one. You can even have to maneuver your private information to a brand new account as an alternative of your earlier account to repair the issue. Read our information on How to Create a Local User Account on Windows 10 to create a brand new consumer account.
Method 10: Reinstall Visual C++ Runtime Packages
To resolve this situation, reinstall Visual C++. Follow the procedures outlined beneath to do that:
1. Press Windows + R keys to launch the Run dialog field.
2. Type appwiz.cpl within the dialog field and press Enter to launch the Programs and Features window.
3. Locate the Microsoft Visual C++ applications within the listing. Right-click on them and click on on Uninstall after selecting every merchandise.
4. Follow the on-screen directions to uninstall this system.
5. Visit the Official Microsoft Visual C++ download page to put in the newest model of Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime package deal.
Also Read: Fix Command Failed With Error Code 1 Python Egg Info
Method 11: Reset PC
If the issue persists, clear putting in Windows could also be your solely possibility. Attempt to entry and again up your knowledge earlier than continuing. If you select a clear set up, all of your private knowledge, functions, video games, paperwork, and different media will disappear. Read our information on How to do a Clean Install of Windows 10 and implement the identical.
We hope you discovered this data helpful and that you simply had been capable of resolve runtime error C++ situation. Please tell us which method was probably the most helpful for you. Please use the feedback part beneath when you have any queries or feedback for us about this text. Also, tell us what you wish to study subsequent.