Steam is a very fashionable platform to obtain, set up and play video video games. It additionally gives sport streaming and social networking companies on the platform itself. Several avid gamers use this platform to play video games and talk with the opposite avid gamers and communities to enhance the gaming expertise altogether. However, typically you will have observed lacking downloaded recordsdata on Steam. There are quite a few explanation why the downloaded steam recordsdata will go lacking, and you’ll get the repair lacking downloaded recordsdata error on Steam error. In this text, one can find options to this downside and in addition get to know how you can restore lacking downloaded recordsdata on Steam. Keep studying additional to know and implement the given strategies accurately to repair these points.
How to Fix Missing Downloaded Files Error on Steam in Windows 10
Some of the explanations for lacking downloaded recordsdata Steam error to happen on your system are:
- The downloaded sport recordsdata would possibly get corrupted by the Windows Defender.
- Also, this error can happen if the recordsdata are corrupted as a consequence of any type of malware or viruses on your system.
- Occasionally, Antivirus put in on a system can exempt some downloaded recordsdata, which may ultimately get lacking.
- If your system bought turned off throughout the obtain or set up course of, then you might discover this error showing on your system afterward.
As you learn, these causes, amongst different a number of ones, could create problems and current you with the error. Read on to resolve this repair lacking downloaded recordsdata error on Steam error by following strategies.
Method 1: Run Steam as Administrator
By operating Steam as an administrator, you’ll permit it to obtain, write, and modify the Steam recordsdata on your system. It will lead to Steam having sufficient privileges to entry recordsdata that aren’t accessible with out an administrator. Follow the steps under to do the identical.
1. Right-click on the Steam.exe file and choose Properties.
2. Go to the Compatibility tab and test the Run this program as an administrator choice.
3. Finally, click on on Apply > OK to avoid wasting adjustments.
Also Read: How to Hide Steam Activity from Friends
Method 2: Repair Steam Library Folders
To restore the doable corrupted recordsdata, you’ll be able to attempt to restore the Steam library folders. It will detect the corrupted recordsdata from the library and restore them, which is able to ultimately repair lacking downloaded recordsdata error on Steam. To know how you can restore lacking downloaded recordsdata on Steam, learn and comply with the steps under fastidiously.
1. Hit the Windows key, kind Steam, and click on on Open.
2. Click the Steam choice from the highest left nook, as proven under.
3. Click on Settings from the menu choices.
4. From the Settings window, click on Downloads > STEAM LIBRARY FOLDERS underneath the Content Libraries part as depicted under.
5. In the Storage Manager window, click on the three-dotted icon subsequent to the Steam folder, as proven under.
6. Click the Repair Folder choice.
7. The User Account Control pop-up will emerge on your display stating Do you wish to permit this app to make adjustments to your machine? Click on the Yes choice.
8. After a couple of moments, the Steam library folder will get repaired, then click on on Close.
Method 3: Clear Download Cache
Sometimes corrupted video games after downloading go away traces within the obtain cache folder which causes additional interruptions in updating and downloading processes. You can clear the obtain cache to repair the problem.
1. Open the Steam utility and go to the Settings as illustrated in Method 2.
2. In the Downloads part, click on the CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE choice.
3. Click OK within the following pop-up as proven under to finish the method.
Also Read: 12 Ways to Fix Steam Won’t Open Issue
Method 4: Disable Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
Sometimes, the antivirus put in on your system could determine the downloaded steam sport recordsdata as a menace. And this may result in it quarantining, modifying, and even deleting the file from the system to forestall additional injury. As an antivirus software program can detect the unknown sport recordsdata and time period them as a menace, you’ll have to test if these recordsdata are on the quarantine listing or you’ll be able to disable the antivirus quickly to search out the foundation of the trigger. To do this, learn our information on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10. By studying this, you’ll know how you can disable the antivirus on your machine for a brief interval and get the lacking downloaded recordsdata Steam error mounted.
Method 5: Verify Integrity of Game File
If the obtain course of will get interrupted for any purpose, the recordsdata could get corrupted and also you get the lacking downloaded recordsdata Steam error. To confirm the integrity of the file that you’ve got downloaded to verify the obtain was profitable, comply with the step under fastidiously:
1. Launch the Steam utility from Windows Search.
2. Click on the LIBRARY choice as highlighted under.
3. Select and right-click the specified sport from the left pane as depicted under and click on the Properties choice.
4. Now, click on the LOCAL FILES choice from the left pane as proven under.
5. Click on Verify integrity of demo recordsdata… as illustrated under.
6. After a couple of moments, the sport recordsdata will get efficiently validated indicating that the downloaded file is undamaged and never corrupted.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Fix Steam Thinks Game is Running Issue
Method 6: Reinstall Game
If you continue to couldn’t repair lacking downloaded recordsdata error on Steam, then contemplate reinstalling the sport whose recordsdata are lacking. Follow the upcoming steps to carry out this methodology:
1. Go to the LIBRARY within the Steam utility as proven in Method 5.
2. Right-click on the specified sport from the left pane and click on Manage > Uninstall as proven under.
3. Confirm the pop-up window by clicking Uninstall as soon as once more.
Any of the above-mentioned strategies could give you the results you want and resolve the lacking downloaded recordsdata Steam error.
So, these have been the strategies to repair lacking downloaded recordsdata error on Steam. We hope you have been in a position to learn to restore lacking downloaded recordsdata on Steam with the assistance of the steps talked about. Feel free to achieve out to us along with your queries and recommendations by way of the feedback part under.