Imagine you might be doing a little vital workplace work and abruptly you see a blue display screen of demise error with an Inaccessible boot machine. Frightening, isn’t it? Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) error is terrifying sufficient to go away you hanging in despair. It is a standard challenge with Windows 10 PCs. Unfortunately, Windows 11 isn’t proof against it both. Well, concern not! We are right here to repair inaccessible boot machine BSOD error in Windows 11.
How to Fix Inaccessible Boot Device BSOD Error in Windows 11
Inaccessible Boot Device Error, because the identify suggests, happens when Windows isn’t capable of talk with the partition of the drive that incorporates system recordsdata and facilitates regular boot up. Some of the frequent causes behind inaccessible boot machine BSOD error are as follows:
- Corrupt or broken Hard drive.
- Corrupt system recordsdata.
- Corrupt or mismatched drivers.
- Outdated graphics driver.
- Outdated or corrupt SATA drivers.
Note: Before going by the strategies, observe our information on How to Boot Windows 11 in Safe Mode to do the identical & rectify this drawback.
Method 1: Disconnect External Hard Drives
Inaccessible Boot Device error may happen if there’s an exterior laborious drive linked to the pc on the time of the boot. This could trigger battle in the order of boot preferences which can, in flip, change the precedence of the principle boot disk. For resolving this challenge,
1. Remove all exterior storage units linked to the pc.
2. Now, restart your PC.
Method 2: Connect Drives Properly
Another level to be famous is connections that may grow to be unfastened over time, as a consequence of utilization, heating, shocks, or unfastened wirings. Sometimes, the connectors might be defective that may result in Inaccessible Boot machine errors.
1. In case you utilize NVMe SSD, make certain to insert the SSD correctly and join it to the right slot.
2. Ensure all connections & connectors are fitted correctly.
Also Read: Best External Hard Drive for PC Gaming
Method 3: Repair Corrupt System Files
You could also be dealing with this error as a consequence of corrupt system recordsdata or unhealthy sectors in laborious disk. You can restore them by working sure instructions in command immediate.
Step I: Run chkdsk Command
Firstly, you need to scan your drive the place Windows OS is put in as follows:
1. Press the Windows key and sort Command Prompt, then click on on Run as administrator, as proven.
2. Click on Yes in the User Account Control immediate.
3. Type chkdsk X: /r and press the Enter key by changing X with drive partition the place Windows is put in, often drive C.
4. If you obtain a message stating Cannot lock present drive, sort Y and press the Enter key to run the chkdsk scan at the kind of subsequent boot.
5. Finally, restart your PC.
Step II: Run SFC Scan
Now, you possibly can run System File Checker Scan by following the given steps:
1. Launch Command Prompt as administrator as proven earlier than.
2. Type SFC /scannow and hit Enter, as depicted under.
3. Wait for the scan to be accomplished and restart your system.
Step III: Run DISM Scan
Finally, run the Deployment Image Servicing Management scan to restore corrupt system recordsdata as follows:
Note: Your laptop should be linked to the web to execute the DISM instructions correctly.
1. Open Elevated Command Prompt as earlier.
2. Type DISM /Online /cleanup-image /scanhealth & press Enter key.
3. Then, execute DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command as proven to start repairs.
4. Finally, restart your Windows 11 PC.
Also Read: Fix Windows 11 Black Screen with Cursor Issue
Method 4: Update Graphics Driver
Sometimes, outdated graphics drivers could trigger inaccessible boot machine BSOD error on Windows 11. You can replace your graphics driver by following these steps:
1. Click on the Search icon and sort device supervisor. Then, click on on Open.
2. Double-click on Display adapters to increase it.
3. Right-click on the outdated driver (e.g. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti) and choose the Update driver possibility, as depicted under.
4A. Click on Search routinely for drivers possibility to permit Windows to seek for them by itself.
4B. If you have already got downloaded the up to date driver from the official website, then click on on Browse my laptop for drivers and find it out of your system storage.
5A. Once the wizard is completed putting in the drivers, click on on Close and restart your PC.
5B. If The greatest drivers in your machine are already put in message is displayed, strive the subsequent resolution.
Method 5: Reinstall Graphics Driver
You may reinstall your graphics driver to repair inaccessible boot machine BSOD error in Windows 11 as defined under:
1. Launch Device Manager and go to Display adapters as instructed in the earlier technique.
2. Right-click on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti and click on on Uninstall machine, as depicted under.
3. Uncheck the Attempt to take away the motive force for this machine possibility and click on on Uninstall.
4. Restart your PC to reinstall your graphic driver routinely.
Also Read: How to Rollback Driver Updates on Windows 11
Method 6: Update SATA Adapter Driver
SATA or Serial AT Attachment lets you join your system with HDDs, SDDs & optical drives. Hence, an lack of ability to learn the mentioned drives might trigger repair inaccessible boot machine error in Windows 11. Here’s how you can repair it by updating SATA adapter driver:
1. Launch Device Manager as earlier.
2. Expand the drivers for IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers by double-clicking on it.
3. Then, right-click in your SATA Controller driver (e.g. AMD SATA Controller) and choose Update driver from the context menu, as illustrated under.
4A. Click on Search routinely for drivers. Wait for Windows to obtain and set up updates routinely if any & restart your PC.
4B. If The greatest drivers in your machine are already put in message is displayed, click on on Close & strive the subsequent repair.
Incorrect boot drive settings in BIOS may trigger inaccessible boot machine error in Windows 11. You can select the right boot drive by BIOS menu as follows:
1. Press the Alt + F4 keys concurrently to open Shut Down Windows choices.
2. Here, choose Restart and click on on OK, as proven.
3. While your laptop is restarting, as quickly as you see the Windows brand, begin hitting the BIOS key to enter the BIOS menu.
Note: The BIOS menu hotkey is totally different for various producers so a fast Google search will assist. Generally urgent the F10 key will do the trick. Read our information on 6 Ways to Access BIOS in Windows 10 (Dell/Asus/ HP).
4. After you enter the BIOS menu, enter Advanced BIOS Features, as proven.
5. Then, click on on Boot > Boot Option #1 to see the record of accessible drives.
6. Select the Drive the place Windows 11 is put in.
7. Click on Save & exit.
8. Next, click on on Yes when prompted to Save configuration adjustments and exit now?(*11*)
9. Reboot your system and it ought to operate correctly.
Also Read: Fix This PC can’t run Windows 11 Error
Method 8: Reset Windows 11 PC
If not one of the above strategies might repair inaccessible boot machine error accompanying blue display screen of demise error in Windows 11 then, there’s no selection however to reset your PC as mentioned under:
1. Press Windows + I keys collectively to launch Windows Settings.
2. In the System tab, scroll down and click on on Recovery, as proven.
3. Under Recovery choices, click on Reset PC button, proven highlighted.
4. In the Reset this PC window, click on on Keep my recordsdata.
5. Choose one in every of these choices from the How would you wish to reinstall Windows display screen:
- Cloud obtain
- Local reinstall
Note: Cloud obtain requires an lively web connection however is extra dependable than Local reinstall as there’s a lesser likelihood of corrupt native recordsdata.
6. On the Additional settings display screen, click on on Change settings to vary beforehand made selections if you’d like. Then, click on on Next.
7. Finally, click on on Reset, as depicted under.
Note: During the Reset course of, your laptop could restart a number of instances. This is regular habits and it could take hours to finish this course of relying on system configuration and the settings you select in the earlier steps.
If the difficulty nonetheless persists, carry out a clear set up of Windows by studying our information How to Install Windows 11 on Legacy BIOS.
We hope this text might make it easier to repair inaccessible boot machine BSOD error in Windows 11. Reach out to us by way of feedback part under.