How about an error that may pop up at any time when you are attempting to make use of your favourite app in your Windows 10 PC? Not the form of error message you want to see in case you are working on a strict deadline. Was the message exhibited to you in the dialog field associated to the esrv.exe software error? Clicking on the OK or Close button will shut the error message, however you continue to gained’t have the ability to entry the app you are attempting to launch. The esrv.exe Startup software error is triggered because of the mistaken configuration on the PC. Read the article and implement the strategies in the article to repair the esrv.exe software error in Windows 10.
How to Fix Esrv.exe Application Error in Windows 10
The Intel Driver Update is a software program that checks for the updates accessible in the PC for drivers, chipset, and so forth. The app is now known as the Intel Driver & Support Assistance and the esrv.exe is an error related to the improper elimination of the app on the PC. If the app is faraway from the PC and isn’t utterly uninstalled, you might obtain the esrv.exe error because the startup keys are nonetheless accessible on the PC. The error message would pop up at any time when you are attempting to entry an app that also wants entry to the Intel DSA app. The doable causes for the appliance error on the PC are listed beneath in this part.
- Outdated Windows- If the Windows in your PC is outdated, you may even see the appliance error.
- Improper elimination of Intel Driver Updater utility service- If you haven’t correctly eliminated or uninstalled the Intel Driver Updater Utility, you may even see the esrv.exe error pop a number of occasions.
- Issues with the Intel Driver Updater utility- The points in the Intel Driver Updater utility could provide the software error in your PC.
- Issues in the registry keys and providers on the PC- The points in the Registry Editor and the Local Services on the PC can provide the appliance error.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
The first strategy to resolve the esrv.exe software error in your PC is to strive the fundamental troubleshooting strategies defined right here.
1. Restart PC: Try restarting your PC to repair the problems which are attributable to minor glitches on the PC. Press the Windows key, click on on the Power button, and click on on the Restart choice in the menu exhibited to restart your PC.
2. Update Windows: If the Windows in your PC is outdated, you should replace the Windows in your PC, by which you’ll resolve the appliance error. Follow the strategies given in the hyperlink right here to examine for Windows Updates and replace the OS in your PC.
3. Use VPN Service: If you might be utilizing the net, you should shield your on-line privateness with a VPN Client similar to NordVPN. Read the article on the way to get a NordVPN account and set up the VPN Client in your PC to repair the problem.
If the recordsdata in your PC are contaminated, you might have to scan for virus threats and repair the recordsdata to resolve the esrv.exe software error.
4. Use Windows Defender Offline Scan Utility: If there are a couple of malware recordsdata in your PC, you might obtain the appliance error. You can scan the recordsdata and restore the corrupt recordsdata to repair the problem. You can use the Windows Defender Offline Scan utility service to scan the recordsdata and the hyperlink given right here explains the method of the identical.
5. Run SFC Scan: Another choice for scanning the recordsdata and checking for corrupt recordsdata is utilizing the SFC or the System File Checker scan. Read the article to know the strategy to scan the recordsdata utilizing the SFC command in your PC.
The esrv.exe software error is because of the Intel Driver Updater utility, so the fixes related to the Intel Graphics Driver can assist resolve the problem.
6. Update Intel Graphics Driver: Since the appliance error is primarily centered on the Intel Graphics card, you may strive updating the Graphics driver to repair the problem in your PC. Read the article to replace the Graphics driver in your PC.
7. Reinstall Intel Graphics Driver: Another choice for fixing the problems in the Intel Graphics Driver to resolve the appliance error is to uninstall and reinstall the Graphics driver. Read the strategy to uninstall and reinstall the Graphics driver in your PC.
8. Install newest .NET framework: You can strive putting in the newest .NET framework in your PC to repair the problem utilizing the hyperlink given right here. Open the official web site for the .NET framework on the default internet browser in your PC. Click on the Download .NET Framework 4.8 Runtime button to put in the framework in your PC to repair the problem.
9. Perform System Restore: If you haven’t been receiving the error in a earlier setting and are receiving the error after you’ve gotten altered a couple of elements, you may strive restoring your PC to a earlier model. Read the article on the strategy to carry out a system restore in your PC to roll again your PC to a earlier operational setting.
10. Reset PC: You can strive resetting the PC to repair the problem with the esrv.exe file and make the PC afresh with default elements. Read the article on the way to reset the PC utilizing the hyperlink given right here to repair the problem.
Also Read: Fix Event 1000 Application Error in Windows 10
Method 2: Rename esrv.exe Files
The esrv.exe recordsdata in your PC will be renamed to repair the esrv.exe software error. The technique is easy and the steps to do the identical are defined in this part.
1. Press the Windows+ E keys collectively to launch the File Explorer.
2. Locate the esrv.exe file by following the situation path as described right here.
C:Program FilesIntelMedia SDK
3. Select the esrv.exe file, right-click on the file, and click on on the choice Rename in the listing.
4. Rename the file as esrv.previous and press the Enter key to rename the file.
5. Click on the Continue button in the UAC immediate window to grant the Administrator rights to rename the file.
Method 3: Verify Proxy Settings
If you might be utilizing a proxy in your PC, the problems in your PC could have triggered the esrv.exe software error. The technique beneath will examine for the proxy settings and repair the problems utilizing the Command Prompt.
1. Press the Windows key, kind Command Prompt and click on on Run as administrator.
2. Type the next command and press the Enter key to examine for the proxy settings in your PC.
netsh winhttp present proxy
Note: If there are any points with the Proxy settings, it will likely be prompted to you in the Command Prompt.
Also Read: Fix Service Error 1053 on Windows 10
Method 4: Modify Compatibility Settings of App
You can strive working the app you are attempting to entry in the Compatibility mode to keep away from the esrv.exe software error.
1. Press the Windows + D keys concurrently to view the Desktop and choose the Steam app.
2. Right-click on the Steam app and click on on the Properties choice in the listing accessible.
3. Go to the Compatibility tab in the Steam Properties window, and choose the choice Run this program in compatibility mode for in the compatibility mode part. Click on the Apply after which on the OK button
Method 5: Modify Intel Driver & Support Assistance
Modifying the Intel Driver Update Utility app can repair the problems with the appliance error. You can strive following the strategies given beneath to repair the error.
Step I: Uninstall Intel Driver Update Utility
You must uninstall the Intel Driver Utility app in your PC to repair the esrv.exe software error.
1. Press the Windows key, kind Control Panel and click on on Open.
2. Set View by > Category, then click on on the Uninstall a program choice.
3. Select the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant app and click on on the Uninstall button on the prime bar.
4. Click on the Uninstall button on the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Setup window.
5. You will see an Uninstall Complete window after the uninstallation of the Intel DSA app is full after which restart your PC.
Also Read: How to Check Intel Processor Generation of Laptop
Step II: Update Intel Driver & Support Assistance
You must replace the Intel Driver & Support Assistance app to repair the esrv.exe software error in your PC.
1. Hit the Windows key, kind Google Chrome and click on on Open.
2. Open the official web site for the Intel Driver & Support Assistance and click on on the Download now button.
3. Double-click on the downloaded Intel-Driver-and-Support-Assistance.exe file to run the file.
4. Tick the field on the INTEL SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT and click on on the Install button to put in the app.
5. On the subsequent web page, click on on the Accept button to just accept the Computing Improvement Program.
Note: You can click on on the Decline button if you don’t want to be part of the Improvement Program.
6. After the set up is full, click on on the Restart button to restart your PC to complete the set up course of.
Method 6: Modify LoadAppInit_DLLs
The corrupt key in the Registry Editor for the Intel DSA app must be modified to resolve the esrv.exe software error.
1. Press the Windows key, kind Registry Editor and click on on Open.
2. Click on the Yes button on the User Account Control immediate.
3. Navigate to the Windows folder by going to the given path in the Registry Editor.
4. Select the important thing LoadAppInit_DLLs in the suitable pane of the window and double-click on the important thing.
Note: Alternatively, you may right-click on the LoadAppInit_DLLs key and choose the choice Modify… in the menu.
5. In the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value window, kind the worth 0 in the Value knowledge bar and click on on the OK button to switch the worth of the important thing.
Also Read: What is Google Chrome Elevation Service
Method 7: Modify Services
The corrupt providers in your PC must be disabled to repair the appliance error. You can restart the service after the problem in your PC is resolved.
Option I: Stop Intel Updater Service
You must cease the providers associated to the Intel Driver & Support Assistance utility to repair the esrv.exe software error.
1. Press the Windows + R keys concurrently to open the Run dialog field.
2. Type providers.msc and click on on the OK button to launch the Services app.
3. Select the Intel(R) Driver & Support Assistant Driver service on the listing and click on on the Stop button in the Stop the service choice to cease the Intel DSA service.
Note 1: You can restart the Intel DSA service by clicking on the Start button on the Start the service choice.
Note 2: If you see the User Energy Server Service queencreek working in your PC, you should disable the service by following the steps in this technique.
Option II: Disable Services Using esrv.exe Files
You must disable the providers which are utilizing the esrv.exe recordsdata to repair the esrv.exe software error.
1. Launch the Run dialog field, kind providers.msc and click on on the OK button to open the Services app.
2. Select the Intel System Usage Report Service, right-click on the service, and click on on the Properties choice in the menu.
3. In the Intel System Usage Report Service Properties window, choose the choice Disabled in the Startup kind and click on on the Apply and OK buttons to disable the service.
Note: If you see the Intel SUR QC Software service accessible, you should disable the service too.
Also Read: Fix The Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable
Method 8: Use Autoruns Software
You can use third-party software program like Autoruns to repair the esrv.exe software error on Windows 10. The software program can be utilized to delete all of the esrv.exe recordsdata in your PC and helps you repair the problem comfy.
1. Launch the Google Chrome browser.
2. Open the official web site for the Autoruns software and click on on the Download Autoruns and Autorunsc hyperlink to obtain the app.
3. Unzip the downloaded archive file utilizing decompression software program like WinZip and extract all of the recordsdata to the Downloads folder in Windows Explorer in your PC.
4. Double-click on the .exe file in the folder to run the executable Autoruns file and wait until all of the recordsdata are loaded in the app.
5. Press the Ctrl + F keys collectively to open the Find window, kind esrv.exe in the Find what bar, and click on on the Find Next button.
6. Right-click on the esrv.exe file and click on on the Delete choice in the listing. Delete all of the esrv.exe recordsdata highlighted on the app equally.
7. Click on the Close button to shut the Autoruns app and restart your PC to repair the appliance error.
The article is a troubleshooting information for fixing esrv.exe software error in Windows 10. If you’ve gotten famous the esrv.exe Startup software error, you need to use the article to repair the esrv.exe software error Windows 10. Use the feedback part beneath in the article to tell us the recommendations and queries associated to the subject.