You might face the error code 0x80070490 in two totally different situations. Firstly, while you attempt to add your Gmail account to the Mail app in your system, an error message shall be displayed as Something went improper. We couldn’t discover your settings. Error code: 0x80070490. The two necessary Windows replace providers, particularly System Component Store or Component-Based Servicing (CBS)management all of the Windows replace operations, and if there are any corrupt information in them, you’ll face the error code 0x80070490. This error code is widespread when upgrading your OS from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Furthermore, when you purchase any app or recreation from MS Store, chances are you’ll face this error. So, in case you are additionally going through the identical drawback, then this information will assist you to repair error code 0x80070490 Windows 10.
How to Fix Error Code 0x80070490 in Windows 10
Several causes set off error code 0x80070490 Windows 10. A couple of important causes are listed under.
- Third-party Antivirus stopping the most recent replace
- Corrupt information in Component-Based Servicing (CBS) or System Component Store.
- Corrupt registry key values
- Essential providers not working
Note: Although this text primarily offers with troubleshooting strategies involved for error code 0x80070490 triggered from Windows replace points, a couple of strategies are additionally mentioned to repair the error code raised while you attempt to add your Gmail account to the mail app. Hence, chances are you’ll comply with all of those strategies everytime you face this error, no matter the rationale that triggers it.
In the upcoming part, we now have compiled a listing of strategies that may assist you to repair error. Follow them in order to achieve the most effective outcomes.
Method 1: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter will resolve any replace glitches in your PC, and this methodology is relevant not just for Windows 7 but in addition for Windows 8.1.
1. Press the Windows + I keys concurrently to open the Settings.
2. Click on the Troubleshoot menu in the left pane.
3. Now, choose Windows Update and click on on Run the troubleshooter.
4. Your PC will endure a screening course of. Wait for the troubleshooter to detect issues.
5. If any concern is discovered, click on on Apply this repair and comply with the directions given in the successive prompts.
6. Finally, restart your PC as soon as all the problems are utilized and glued.
Method 2: Create New Account
To repair the error code 0x80070490, strive creating a brand new native account with administrative privileges and transfer all of your information to it. Here is the best way to do it.
1. Hit the Windows key and sort command immediate and click on on Run as administrator.
2. Now, click on on the Run as administrator choice to open a command immediate with administrative privileges.
3. Here, sort the under command and hit Enter key.
internet person administrator /lively:sure
4. Now, signal out from the present account and log in once more with the brand new administrator account created on the log-on display screen.
5. Here, transfer all of the information and folders out of your outdated account to the brand new account and delete the outdated account.
6. Finally, add a Microsoft account to the brand new account created and verify when you face the error code once more. It should be fastened now.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Update Stuck or Frozen
Method 3: Run SFC and DISM Scans
Windows 10 customers can routinely scan and restore their system information by working System File Checker. In addition, it’s a built-in instrument that lets the person delete information and repair the error. Then, comply with the below-mentioned steps to implement the identical.
1. Launch the Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Type sfc /scannow command and hit Enter key.
3. Wait for the Verification 100 % accomplished assertion.
Once performed, boot your PC in regular mode, and verify if the problem is resolved now. If not, then comply with the steps under.
4. Launch Command Prompt as instructed above.
5. Type the next instructions one after the other and hit Enter key.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
6. Finally, look ahead to the method to run efficiently and shut the window.
Method 4: Disable Third-Party Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
Your antivirus suite might need any technical glitches, or could also be stopping your pc from upgrading to its newest model. If so, attempt to disable third-party antivirus applications in your PC quickly to repair the issue, as mentioned under.
1. Navigate to the Antivirus icon in the Taskbar and right-click on it.
2. Now, choose the Avast shields management choice.
3. Choose the choice in line with your comfort.
4. Confirm the immediate displayed on the display screen.
Also Read: Fix Windows Update Error 0x800704c7
Method 5: Ensure All Essential Windows Services are Running
To repair error code 0x80070490 Windows 10, verify if all important providers like BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service), Cryptographic, MSI Installer, and the Windows Update Services are working. Here is the best way to do it.
1. Launch the Run dialog field by hitting Windows + R keys concurrently.
2. Type providers.msc and click on OK to open the Services program.
3. Now, in the Services window, scroll down and seek for BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer, and the Windows Update Services one after the other and click on on it.
4. Now, click on on Properties as depicted in the under image.
Note: You may double-click on Windows Services to open the Properties window.
5. Now, set the Startup sort to Automatic, as proven under. If the Service standing isn’t Running, then click on on the Start button.
Note: If the Service standing is Running, Stop it for some time and begin it once more.
6. Finally, click on on Apply, then OK to avoid wasting the adjustments.
Method 6: Restart Windows Update service
Sometimes, you may repair error code 0x80070490 by manually restarting the Windows Update Service. Then, comply with the under directions to implement the identical.
1. Open the Run dialog field by hitting Windows + R keys collectively.
2. Type providers.msc and click on OK to launch the Services window.
3. Now, scroll down and right-click on Windows Update.
4. Here, click on on Stop if the present standing shows Running.
Note: If the present standing isn’t Running, you possibly can skip the step.
5. You will obtain a immediate, Windows is trying to cease the next service on Local Computer… Wait for the immediate to be accomplished. It will take round 3 to five seconds.
6. Now, open the File Explorer by clicking Windows + E keys collectively.
7. Navigate to the next path.
8. Now, choose all of the information and folders by urgent Control+ A keys collectively and right-click on the empty house.
9. Now, navigate to the next path, and Delete all of the information in the Downloads location as talked about in the earlier steps.
10. Now, return to the Services window and right-click on the Windows Update.
11. Here, choose the Start choice as depicted in the under image.
12. You will obtain a immediate Windows is trying to begin the next service on Local Computer… Wait for 3 to five seconds and shut the Services window.
Also Read: How to Enable Telnet in Windows 10
Method 7: Tweak Mail & Calendar App Settings (Mail solely)
If you face the error code 0x80070490 while you attempt to add your Gmail account, comply with the under troubleshooting steps. Else, chances are you’ll skip this methodology.
Method 7A: Update Mail & Calendar App
1. Launch Microsoft Store by looking it in the Start menu.
2. Now, click on on the three-dotted icon on the high proper nook and choose Downloads and updates choice as proven under.
3. Now, click on on Mail and Calendar in the record and verify for updates.
4. If an replace is accessible, comply with the on-screen directions to replace your app else, skip to the subsequent step in this methodology.
Method 7B: Set Up Calendar
You must customise a couple of e-mail settings or add a brand new account to repair the error in the mail. Here is the best way to do it.
1. Launch Calendar and navigate to Settings by clicking on the gear icon as proven under.
2. Here, in the Settings window, click on on Manage Accounts as depicted.
3. Now, click on on Add account and comply with the on-screen directions to arrange a brand new account.
Finally, wait till the mail information syncs and verify the mail settings when you face the error code once more.
Also Read: Fix Windows Update Error 0x80070005
Method 7C: Reset Mail & Calendar App
If the above two choices didn’t work, then comply with the steps under:
1. Press the Windows key, sort apps and options and click on on Open.
2. Type and search Mail and Calendar in the record and choose it.
3. Now, click on on Advanced choices as highlighted above.
4. Here, scroll down the Settings record and click on on the Reset button.
5. Next, verify the immediate by clicking on the Reset button once more.
Wait, re-launch the app and verify if the error code has vanished or not.
Method 8: Delete User ID Store Cache from Registry
Sometimes, you possibly can repair the error by deleting the corrupt person ID retailer cache from the registry. This will be carried out inside clicks, and you are able to do it very simply, as proven under.
1. Open the Run dialog field by hitting the Windows + R keys collectively.
2. Type regedit and click on the OK button to open Registry Editor.
3. Navigate to the next path in Registry Editor.
4. Now, right-click on the folders one thing like S-1-5-21-2759370688-1630912525-2594222386-7192 or S-1-5-21-3740399313-2812186609-3929373113-1001 and choose the Delete choice as depicted.
5. Finally, restart the pc and verify if in case you have fastened error code 0x80070490 concern.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Update Pending Install
Method 9: Reset PC
Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset the PC.
Note: Resetting the PC will clear all the information out of your system. Hence, it’s suggested to create a backup earlier than doing so.
1. Press the Windows + I keys collectively to open Settings.
2. Now, scroll down the record and choose Update & Security.
3. Now, choose the Recovery choice from the left pane and click on on Get began in the suitable pane.
4. Now, select an choice from the Reset this PC window.
- Keep my information choice will take away apps and settings however retains your private information.
- The Remove every little thing choice will take away all of your private information, apps, and settings.
5. Finally, comply with the on-screen directions to finish the reset course of.
If you tried all the strategies above and didn’t get any repair, you possibly can carry out a system restore.
We hope that this information was useful and you may repair error code 0x80070490 in Windows 10. Let us know which methodology labored for you the most effective. Also, if in case you have any queries/solutions concerning this text, then be happy to drop them in the feedback part.