A bundle of updates containing a number of new and beforehand associated updates is called a Cumulative Update (CU). But sadly, a number of customers face can’t set up Cumulative Update KB5008212, or the obtain course of is caught at 0% or 99% points. If you might be additionally going through the identical downside, we’re right here that can assist you out with the annoying downside. This information will show you how to repair this error in your Windows 10 PC. Here we go!
How to Fix Can’t Install Cumulative Update KB5008212 in Windows 10
If you can’t set up Cumulative Update KB5008212 or for those who face any struggles through the course of, listed below are some culprits inflicting the issue. Analyze the explanations listed under to select and observe the troubleshooting strategies accordingly.
- A number of important companies, like Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer service, are disabled in your Windows 10 PC.
- Windows Update elements are corrupt or incompatible.
- Presence of corrupt or incompatible system recordsdata.
- Any current replace prevents the brand new replace from being put in on the PC.
- Antivirus or Windows Defender Firewall prevents the downloading course of.
Now, transfer forward to the following part to troubleshoot this Update KB5008212 error in your Windows 10 PC. The Windows 10 KB5008212 Cumulative Update was launched on 14th December 2021 for Windows 10 2004, v20H2, v21H1, and v21H2.
- This is a safety replace to repair some safety bugs reported in the earlier batch.
- In addition, this Cumulative Update fixes different patch-related issues in your Windows 10 pc.
- Microsoft suggests its customers replace their techniques (every time the newest model is on the market) to forestall errors and issues.
In this part, we now have compiled an inventory of strategies to repair the Cumulative Update KB5008212 error. Analyze them deeply and observe the strategies in the identical order to realize good outcomes.
You are suggested to create a system restore level to revive your system to its earlier model if one thing goes incorrect.
Method 1: Boot PC in Safe Mode
Any third-party software program or utility in your Windows 10 PC may intrude with the obtain course of and thus contribute to the Cumulative Update KB5008212 error. Boot your pc in secure mode to establish any conflicts with third-party packages. Follow our information to Perform Clean boot in Windows 10, and implement the identical steps as instructed.
Once you’ve got booted your pc in secure mode, verify for those who can set up the cumulative updates. If so, uninstall any of the newest packages or purposes you’ve got added to your pc.
Method 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
If there are any corrupt Windows replace elements in your PC, you can’t set up any new updates. To repair buggy replace elements in your pc, use the Windows 10 built-in software. Running the Windows Update built-in troubleshooter software will repair community connectivity points, corrupt Windows Update elements, and invalid registry keys in your pc that contribute to the can’t set up Cumulative Update KB5008212 error. Follow the steps instructed in our information to Run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
Perform as demonstrated and thereby resolve the issues recognized by the troubleshooter.
Method 3: Restart Essential Windows Services
A number of important Windows companies like Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer companies should be enabled in your pc to keep away from any replace points. If these companies are disabled in your system, you usually tend to face the can not set up Cumulative Update KB5008212 error. Hence, restart important Windows companies as instructed under.
1. Press the Windows key, sort Services and click on on Run as administrator.
2. Now, scroll down and double-click on Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
3. Now, choose the Startup sort to Automatic, as depicted.
Note: If the Service standing is Stopped, then click on on the Start button. If the Service standing is Running, click on on Stop and begin it once more.
4. Click on Apply > OK to avoid wasting the modifications.
5. Repeat all these steps for different Windows companies like Cryptographic Services, MSI Installer, and Windows Update Services.
Also Read: Fix 0x80004002: No Such Interface Supported on Windows 10
Method 4: Repair System Files
Sometimes, a couple of of your system recordsdata may be corrupt for a number of causes, like malware assault, improper shutdown, incomplete Windows replace installations, and many others. These corrupt recordsdata won’t allow you to set up any new updates in your pc. Hence for those who face this error, you might be suggested to restore these corrupt recordsdata basically. Luckily, your Windows 10 PC has inbuilt restore instruments like SFC (System File Checker) and DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management). Read our information on How to Repair System Files on Windows 10 and observe the steps as instructed to restore all of your corrupt recordsdata.
Method 5: Delete Software Distribution Folder
If you might be certain Windows Update companies are operating and nonetheless can’t set up cumulative updates, there’s one other easy workaround to repair replace issues. First, cease the Windows Update service and delete the Software Distribution folder in your File Explorer. Then, once more begin Windows Update companies. Follow as instructed under.
1. Open the Services window as an administrator as you probably did in Method 3.
2. Now, scroll down the display screen and right-click on Windows Update.
3A. If the Status will not be set to Running, skip to Step 4.
3B. If the Status is Running, click on on Stop as proven.
5. Open the File Explorer by clicking Windows + E keys concurrently.
6. Now, navigate to the next path.
7. Now, press Ctrl + A keys concurrently to pick out all of the recordsdata.
8. Right-click on them and click on on the Delete possibility.
9. Similarly, navigate to the given path.
10. Select all of the recordsdata and folders by urgent Ctrl + A keys.
11. Right-click on them and choose delete.
12. Again, change to the Services window, right-click on Windows Update, and choose the Start possibility.
Also Read: How to Delete Win Setup Files in Windows 10
Method 6: Disable Antivirus Temporarily
Your antivirus program could mistakenly stop any new newest updates from being put in in your PC. They are tough to tolerate and rectify. Antivirus software program like Norton and Avast could stop any newest Windows replace, and you might be suggested to briefly disable any inbuilt or third-party antivirus software program to resolve the identical. Read our information on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and observe the directions to disable your Antivirus program briefly in your PC.
After putting in cumulative updates in your Windows 10 PC, make certain to re-enable the antivirus program since a system and not using a safety suite is at all times a menace.
Method 7: Use Google DNS
A Domain Name System (DNS) is important to determine an web connection. Sometimes, DNS addresses equipped by your Internet Service Provider is likely to be very gradual and so you may’t set up Cumulative Update KB5008212 error in your Windows 10 PC. Google DNS has 184.108.40.206 and eight.8.4.4 IP addresses which are easy and simple to recollect to determine a safe DNS connection between the consumer and the server.
Here is our easy information on How to vary DNS settings in Windows 10 that can show you how to change your DNS addresses in your pc. You may also change to any Open DNS or Google DNS in your Windows 10 pc by following our information on How to Switch to OpenDNS or Google DNS on Windows. Follow as instructed and verify for those who can set up cumulative updates in your PC.
Method 8: Uninstall Recent Updates
Any earlier incompatible updates in your Windows 10 PC won’t enable new updates to be downloaded. Hence, you might be suggested to uninstall the current updates put in in your pc to resolve the can not set up Cumulative Update KB5008212 error. It could be very straightforward to do the duty, and the steps are demonstrated as follows.
1. Hit the Windows key and kind Control Panel. Then, click on on Open as proven.
2. Set the View by as Category.
3. Now, click on on Uninstall a program possibility below the Programs menu as depicted.
4. Click on View put in updates in the left pane as proven.
5. Now, search and choose the newest replace by referring to Installed On the date and clicking on Uninstall possibility as proven under.
6. Finally, affirm any immediate and restart your PC.
Also Read: How to Fix Windows Update Error 80072ee2
Method 9: Reset Windows Update Components
To preserve the legitimacy of your Windows 10 PC, it’s essential to make certain there aren’t any corrupt elements in it. All the Windows replace recordsdata are saved in your pc, and if they’re corrupt or incompatible, you’ll face a number of irritating issues. To repair the corrupt Windows Update elements in your pc, observe our information on How to Reset Windows Update Components on Windows 10.
This easy course of entails operating a set of instructions in the command immediate so that every one the important Windows companies are restarted in your Windows 10 PC. After executing all of the instructions, verify for those who can set up Cumulative Updates.
Method 10: Manually Install Updates
If all different options talked about above in this information fail to give you the results you want, you may nonetheless manually obtain Cumulative Update KB5008212. The Windows 10 update history webpage has all of the historical past of updates launched in your Windows pc. Follow the below-listed directions to put in KB5008212 updates forcefully.
1. Press and maintain Windows + I keys concurrently to open Settings in your system.
2. Now, click on on Update & Security.
3. Now, choose the View replace historical past possibility as highlighted under.
4. In the record, make certain the KB quantity (KB5008212) is pending to be downloaded attributable to conflicting errors.
5. Here, sort the KB quantity in the Microsoft Update Catalog search bar.
6. Finally, click on on Download akin to your newest KB5008212 replace and observe the on-screen directions to finish the method.
Also Read: Fix Windows Update Error 0x800704c7
Method 11: Use Media Creation Tool
If you may’t set up Cumulative Update KB5008212 manually, you may strive putting in it utilizing the Media Creation Tool. This is the official obtain platform advisable by Microsoft to repair any replace errors in your Windows 10 PC. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do the identical.
1. Open any browser and launch the official download page of the Media Creation software.
2. Now, click on on the Download software now button below Create Windows 10 set up media.
3. Click on the setup file to run the installer and click on on Yes in the User Account Control (UAC) immediate, if any.
4. Now, click on on the Accept button in the Windows 10 Setup window as proven.
5. Wait for the scanning course of to be full, choose the Upgrade this PC now possibility, and click on on the Next button.
6. Wait till the Windows ISO is downloaded to your PC and click on on Accept.
Note: You have to attend till all of the pending updates in your pc are put in in your PC so the Media Creation Tool can replace your Operating System to the newest model.
7. Finally, click on on Install to finish the method.
Method 12: Perform System Restore
If you aren’t glad with any of those strategies, the one possibility left is to revive your pc to its earlier model. To achieve this, observe our information on How to make use of System Restore on Windows 10 and implement the directions as demonstrated. In the top, your pc might be restored to a earlier state the place it doesn’t face any errors in any respect.
After restoring your Windows 10 PC, verify for those who can set up Cumulative Update KB5008212.
Also Read: Fix Windows Update Install Error 0x8007012a
Method 13: Reset PC
Still, for those who face this concern in your Windows 10 PC, the final selection is to reinstall the system recordsdata. This is feasible by a course of known as Clean set up. It wipes out the earlier Operating System, the info saved in packages, settings, and your whole private recordsdata. And a contemporary OS might be put in with all of the updates put in. Yet, you may reset Windows 10 with out shedding any information. Follow our information on How to Reset Windows 10 Without Losing Data to take action.
Once you’ve got restore put in in your PC, your Operating System might be up to date to its newest model.
We hope that this information was useful and you possibly can repair can’t set up Cumulative Update KB5008212 on Windows 10. Feel free to succeed in out to us along with your queries and options through the feedback part under.