Windows 10 updates are infamous for prompting new issues adopted by a extreme headache to its customers. After putting in one among these problematic updates, it’s possible you’ll discover an unknown machine named Austin- Amazon of KFAUWI listed amongst your Network units. It is pure so that you can get fearful upon noticing one thing fishy, be it an utility or a bodily machine. What is that this unusual machine? Should you be alarmed by its presence and has your PC safety been compromised? How to repair Amazon KFAUWI machine displaying up on community problem? We shall be answering all of those questions on this article.
How to Fix Amazon KFAUWI Device Showing up on Network in Windows 10
You might come throughout a tool named Austin-Amazon KFAUWI in your record of community units. The scenario is worsened by the truth that whereas checking the Austin- Amazon of KFAUWI Properties, it doesn’t present any vital data. It solely reveals the Manufacturer title (Amazon) and the Model title (KFAUWI), whereas all of the different entries (Serial Number, Unique identifier, and the Mac & IP handle) learn unavailable. Because of this, it’s possible you’ll suppose that your PC has been hacked.
What is Austin-Amazon of KFAUWI?
- Firstly, as apparent from the title itself, the community machine is said to Amazon and its big selection of units akin to Kindle, Fire, and so forth., and Austin is the title of the motherboard utilized in these units.
- Finally, KFAUWI is a LINUX-based PC employed by builders for machine detection amongst different issues. A fast seek for the time period KFAUWI additionally reveals that it’s related to the Amazon Fire 7 pill launched again in 2017.
Why is Austin-Amazon of KFAUWI Listed in Network Devices?
To be sincere, your guess is pretty much as good as ours. The apparent reply appears to be that:
- Your PC may need detected an Amazon Fire machine related to the identical community and therefore, the mentioned itemizing.
- The problem is perhaps prompted by WPS or Wi-Fi Protected Setup settings of the router and Windows 10 PC.
However, if you don’t personal any Amazon units or no such units are at present related to your Wi-Fi community, it is perhaps finest to do away with Austin-Amazon of KFAUWI. Now, there are solely two methods to take away Amazon of KFAUWI from Windows 10. The first is by disabling the Windows Connect Now service, and the second is by resetting the community. Both of those options are fairly straightforward to execute as defined within the following phase.
Method 1: Disable Windows Connect Now Service
Windows Connect Now (WCNCSVC) service is liable for mechanically connecting your Windows 10 PC to peripheral units akin to printers, cameras, and different PCs out there on the identical community to permit information trade. The service is disabled by default however the Windows replace or perhaps a rogue utility might have modified the service properties.
If you certainly have an Amazon machine related to the identical community, Windows will attempt to talk with it. However, the connection wouldn’t be established as a consequence of compatibility points. To disable this service and repair Amazon KFAUWI machine displaying up on community drawback,
1. Hit Windows + R keys concurrently to open Run dialog field.
2. Here, kind providers.msc and click on on OK to launch the Services utility.
3. Click on the Name column header, as proven, to type all of the providers alphabetically.
4. Locate the Windows Connect Now – Config Registrar service.
5. Right-click on it and select Properties from the following context menu, as depicted under.
6. In the General tab, click on the Startup Type: drop-down menu and select the Manual possibility.
Note: You may choose the Disabled possibility to show off this service.
7. Next, click on on the Stop button to terminate the service.
8. Service Control pop-up with the message Windows is making an attempt to cease the next service on Local Computer… will seem, as proven.
And, the Service standing: shall be modified to Stopped in a while.
9. Click on the Apply button to avoid wasting the modifications after which click on OK to exit the window.
10. Finally, restart your PC. Check whether or not Amazon KFAUWI machine continues to be showing within the community record or not.
Also Read: Fix Ethernet Doesn’t Have a Valid IP Configuration Error
Method 2: Disable WPS & Reset Wi-Fi Router
The above technique would have made the KFAUWI machine disappear for many customers, nevertheless, in case your community safety is certainly compromised, the machine will proceed to be listed. The solely option to get across the problem is to reset the community router. This will revert all of the settings to the default state and likewise kick away freeloaders from exploiting your Wi-Fi connection.
Step I: Determine IP Address
Before resetting, allow us to strive disabling the WPS function to repair Amazon KFAUWI machine displaying up on community problem. The first step is to find out router IP handle via Command Prompt.
1. Press the Windows key, kind Command Prompt and click on on Run as administrator.
2. Type ipconfig command and hit the Enter key. Here, test your Default Gateway handle.
Note: 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 are the commonest Router Default Gateway handle.
Step II: Disable WPS Feature
Follow the steps listed under to disable WPS on your router:
1. Open any internet browser and go to your router Default Gateway handle (e.g. 192.168.1.1)
2. Type your username and password and click on on the Login button.
Note: Check the underside of the router for the login credentials or contact your ISP.
3. Navigate to WPS menu and choose the Disable WPS possibility, proven highlighted.
4. Now, go forward and flip off the router.
5. Wait for a minute or two after which flip it again on once more.
Also Read: Fix Wi-Fi Adapter Not Working in Windows 10
Step III: Reset Router
Check if the KFAUWI is machine displaying up on community problem has been resolved. If not, reset the router fully.
1. Once once more, open the router settings utilizing the default gateway IP handle, then Login.
2. Note down all of the configuration settings. You would require them after resetting the router.
3. Press and maintain the Reset button on your router for 10-30 seconds.
Note: You have to make use of pointing units like a pin, or toothpick to press the RESET button.
4. The router will mechanically flip off and switch again on. You can launch the button when the lights start to blink.
5. Re-enter the configuration particulars for the router on the webpage and restart the router.
Make certain to set a robust password this time round to keep away from Amazon KFAUWI machine displaying up on the community problem altogether.
Similar to Amazon KFAUWI machine displaying up on community, some customers have reported the sudden arrival of an Amazon KFAUWI machine related to Amazon Fire HD 8, of their networks record after updating Windows. Execute the identical options as talked about above to do away with it. If you’ve any queries/ideas relating to this text, then be at liberty to drop them within the feedback part.