Need to rapidly partition a brand new drive or change drive letter on Windows 11? You’ll want to use Disk Management. Here’s how to launch it on a Windows 11 PC.
If you need to create and resize partitions, initialize laborious drives, change drive letters, and extra on Windows 11, you’ll want to use the Disk Management software.
There are just a few methods you should utilize this software—in addition to open it. If you need to velocity up your workflow, listed here are six alternative ways you may open Disk Management in Windows 11.
Table of Contents
1. Search for Disk Management
To keep away from clicking via menus, you may seek for Disk Management and open it immediately.
To open Disk Management utilizing the search bar within the Start menu, use the next steps:
- Click the Start button or press the Windows key.
- In the Start menu, sort disk administration.
- Select the Create and format laborious disk partitions possibility within the Best match part.
- That will immediately open the Disk Management utility on the desktop.
2. Launch by way of Computer Management
Another approach to open Disk Management is by utilizing the Computer Management software.
To use Computer Management to launch Disk Management:
- Click the Start button to open the Start menu.
- Type laptop administration, and choose the highest end result.
- When the Computer Management window seems, develop the Storage part from the left column. Under the Storage part, click on Disk Management.
- The Disk Management utility will open within the Computer Management utility.(*6*)
3. Open Disk Management from the Power User Menu
Available objects on the Power User Menu (eg. Windows key + X) have modified barely in Windows 11. Still, you may right-click the Start button or hit Windows key + X to launch it and entry Disk Management.
Launch Disk Management from the Power User menu utilizing the next steps:
- Use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + X to launch the menu and click on on Disk Management.(*11*)
- The Disk Management software will launch, and you can begin the duty you want to be achieved, similar to shifting your Windows 10 set up to a bigger drive
4. Launch Disk Management from the Run Dialog
Another possibility you’ve out there is launching Disk Management from the Run menu.
To launch Disk Management from the Run line, do the next:
- Hit the keyboard shortcut Windows key + R to launch the Run dialog.
- In Run, sort msc and click on OK or hit Enter.
- The Disk Management utility will launch on your desktop and be prepared to use.
5. Launch Disk Management from PowerShell
If you like the command line approach of doing issues, you may open Disk Management from the PowerShell terminal. Use the next steps to launch it:
- Hit the Windows key and sort powershell.
- Hover excessive end result and choose Run as Administrator from the correct facet.
- Now, within the terminal, sort diskmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- That’s it. The Disk Management utility will open on the desktop so you should utilize it.
6. Open Disk Management from Settings
You also can open Disk Management immediately from Settings – it’s simply named one thing completely different.
Use the next steps to open Disk Management immediately from Settings on Windows 11:
- Click the Start button and select the Settings icon. Alternately, use the keyboard shortcut Windows key + I to open Settings
- When the Settings app opens, sort disk administration within the search area on the high below your account icon.
- After typing disk administration, click on the Create and format laborious disk partitions possibility from the outcomes. The Disk Management software will open proper up.
Using Disk Management on Windows 11
The Disk Management software is a very useful gizmo to use on Windows 11. It permits you to rapidly resize or delete partitions and alter new drive letters. However, you may also change drive letters on Windows 11 by utilizing the Settings app.
Windows 11 has different useful built-in instruments when it comes to sustaining your drives. For instance, you may allow and configure Storage Sense to maintain your drive clear. You also can reclaim drive area on Windows 11 with the Cleanup Recommendations software.
If you’re not on Windows 11 but, examine maximizing cupboard space on low-capacity gadgets.